MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Everyone OK in the Phoenix area???

snapshotmiki

That was one strange storm. In my 31 yrs here I have seen worse winds, but never the volume of dirt that this storm dumped everywhere. At work, our parking lot had about 1/4 of an inch of fine dust when everything settled. It looked like it snowed dirt. My house got a little less, but it I have quite the mess on the screen porch to sweep up.

If you want to see some great photos, check out the reader photos at www.azcentral.com

One of the videos I saw was from Tucson so it looks like most of the state got hit last night. We watched our strom cell here on radar blow all the way to California.

It started in Tucson and moved across the state picking up dust as it traveled. We were driving and it was nuts. We've been denser storms but never one that was as big as this one was. The news said it was 50 miles wide.

The dust is still settling in our area, everything is covered with micro-dust.

Guess AZ Ain't gonna meet the FedGov's demand for reduction in particulates.

of course, Cortez complained about it back in 1500, but the King of Spain found no need to open a department of air quality in the blowing-dust desert. Obviously not as progressive as our current leadership.

Archived