MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Thursday! What Are You Doing?

Today is jam day. I am canning some strawberry jam today, since I just opened the last jar yesterday. The weather is kind of cool right now, so the house won't get too warm.

Yesterday, I spotted a neighbor that I don't often talk to. I'm not sure why we don't seem to. We live next door to eachother. We wave, but never really talk. Anyway, I noticed that she had a particular type of flower in her yard (yellow cannas) and I had some of the tubers that produce more in another color. I ran out to ask her if she wanted some. She did and then reciprocated by giving me a boatload of empty flower pots. With a greenhouse, I now use a lot of pots! It was a windfall that was completely unexpected and seemed to break the ice between us. It feels good to have a neighborly neighbor!

So, what is going on in your world?

DH ran to the office to finish a few things again today (love vacations).<_< The kids and I ran and picked up a few things this morning. I was going to finish the rest after my appt but it was canceled and rescheduled so I'll be doing it tomorrow, oh well. And picking up my homemade carrier/wrap.

DH canned 9 pts of dilly beans last night and left the kitchen a disaster because he needs to finish so dinner is a mystery.

kind of a bust of a day so goes it.

Have a great day.

Slow day here..........................

Up at 4:30 ish to eat breakfast then started day:

Went out to garden to water here and there where needed, pulled a few weed then sat on side patio and had coffee while the birds came to eat and greet the morning.

Then

got Lori up and going so we could head out to work the Farmers Market (didn't have to help set up just work) Stopped at a few Amish Places to check on folks.

After Market went to tops (shopping for a few things) then Dinner at Ponderosa (special treat as today was................ well TODAY! (ha,ha)

then

Hit a few yard Sales and then stopped at an Indoor Flea Market a new Friend owns.

Then

headed back home with another stop at 'English' Friends place to check in on him and talk gardens.

Then stopped at a place to get photo's done (Love the 'instant' photo machines!) of the Dollhouse display we have at the Library.

Then

HOME! To unpack, play with the cats and REST.

Other than THAT didn't do much?

BUT..............................................

we are now heading out to an Amish Friends to visit, have tea and snacks and then head over to the Amish Farm we work at picking to see what’s up for the weekend.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

DS and I planted sugar pod peas, bok choy, lettuce this morning before it got so hot. I picked a few blueberries this morning too. Later, I sorted the blueberries, Most recently I've been working on my bedroom. I've got 3 big totes of clothes to put in storage and a big trash bag to take to Goodwill. After supper, it should be cool enough to go out and plant more lettuce and radishes and maybe pick the Swiss chard and snow peas.

I ended up making and freezing lots of waffles to have on hand for quick breakfasts before I finally started making jam. It ended up being strawberry blueberry banana jam and I made 6 pints. I sampled some last night on a misshapen waffle and it was really good. Hubby laughed at me because the waffle looked like a maple leaf since it was made with the last of the waffle batter and there wasn't quite enough to fill the heart-shaped waffle iron completely.

After hubby got off work, we went out to Staples to get a couple of flash drives for storing computer files. They were on sale for $5.99 and can hold 4 gigs of information. The closest store didn't have any left but an employee directed us to another one about 20 minutes away. We still don't know how much money our "bargain " flash drives are going to cost us... Hubby got a speeding ticket on the way... There was a limit of 2 flash drives per person so we ended up getting 4. I don't ever want to go near that store again and we could definitely use the extra computer file storage since I am mostly working from home.

Don't you love having the waffles on hand in the freezer martianchick! I've always got waffles or pancakes for DH. I make sausage and scrambled eggs at the same time and make individual meals for him. This last time I also used the sausage and eggs to make breakfast burritos too. He loves it and it saves me having to cook breakfast every morning!

Sorry about the ticket. It would make those little flash drives expensive and in my case it would make for a very grouchy DH too.

Archived