MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Muggy Monday

Hello!

It's very muggy here. The temp isn't bad, but the dew point is!

On Saturday, we decided to start getting some of the onions from our garden dehydrated. Nothing bigger than a golf ball, but we don't want to be wasteful. We learned a very teary, eye-burning lesson about putting the dehydrator out on the porch for the first few hours when we are dehydrating onions. :sad-smiley-012:

We bought a rain gauge for the garden. I've been wanting one for awhile. We heard rain late last night. DH went out in the dark this morning to check it....we got a quarter inch overnight!

Hello!

It's very muggy here. The temp isn't bad, but the dew point is!

On Saturday, we decided to start getting some of the onions from our garden dehydrated. Nothing bigger than a golf ball, but we don't want to be wasteful. We learned a very teary, eye-burning lesson about putting the dehydrator out on the porch for the first few hours when we are dehydrating onions. :sad-smiley-012:

We bought a rain gauge for the garden. I've been wanting one for awhile. We heard rain late last night. DH went out in the dark this morning to check it....we got a quarter inch overnight!

I've heard others say this about drying onions, but I've never had a problem with it. I often dehydrate them in the winter. I just love that it makes the house smell like I've actually been cooking something! I tend to dehydrate the sweeter varieties of onions... Maybe that is the difference?

Good evening! I've never dried onions so I'm no help. Today, I put a pork roast in the crockpot for dinner and canned 9 pints of pork roast. For $23 I figure I got 45+ individual meals worth of meat. I do know how to stretch it. Also packed up my two ebay sales to mail tomorrow and defrosted my freezer tonight. We had hoped to hear something about our house but the guy did not show up today for the meeting. Still in limbo. Hope to hear something tomorrow!!!!

A day of rest - THAT means I only have 10 things to do today!

Very busy last week and this past weekend was NUTS!

But we had lots of FUN!

Saturday started at 5 am get up (Lori) seeing I was up most of the night.

Headed out at 5:45 am for Flea Market - rain held off until we were all packed up!

Got home (2:30pm) to unpack flea stuff and turn right around and loaded up the Dollhouse for a Show at a Museum on Sunday. Left at 3:25pm ( 1 hour drive to get there)

back home (7:30) just long enough to go potty and grab some snacks and headed back out to go visit Lori's Parents for evening (7:45)

Back home again (9pm) for Supper and resting on patio before calling it a day.

Then

Sunday we headed back to Dollhouse Show early for the day - packed up at 5:00 pm and came back home to unload stuff. MAN did we have fun @Show!

Monday morning had to go back to Library to put some of the Dollhouses back in display case (on view for month of Aug.) - shop a bit for food - then Lori headed for work at 12:30 and I sat down and did NOTHING but drink herb tea for 1 whole hour! aaaaahhhhhh

:AmishMichaelstraw:

That must have been a nice day, though, Michael! I didn't realize that Lori's parents lived somewhat close by. For some reason, I thought that you two were transplants to that area. The dollhouse exhibit looked great in the local paper. I tried to post a comment on the site, but it wouldn't let me.

Archived