MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The last Wednesday in August

Jori

Good morning :bouquet:

I can't believe it's the last day of August, where did the month (and summer) go????? We had some rain over the night but not much. It's forecast to be in the 80's today and then we are suppose to have two days in the 90's before it starts cooling off again. I managed to make a batch of salsa this past weekend. I need to do more but it is started now.

DS1 has a wellness check this afternoon, perfect timing as his allergies hit Monday night and his daily meds aren't helping. DD and DS1 start preschool Tuesday. Excited for them but not sure how I'm going to manage being gone two and a half days a week with them. The two of them just started their second week of taekwondo. They both like it and I'm learning just by sitting and watching. They talked about stranger danger and how to get away from a stranger last week. I will be stopping at Walmart to pick up chicken fryers for a price match ($.69/lb) sale ends today.

Yesterday, will doing getting some info on the local orchard, I came across some info that I have to wait until next year to take advantage of. They have a community garden. 20' x 50' plots of farm land go for $30.00. I'll be taking advantage of this as it gives me space to do beans. Is it selfish to take a large plot and a small plot (20' x 20') for something else?

What's going on in your neck of the woods?

Have a great day!:bighug2:

Still in limbo as to our house so I am trying to keep busy. Cooked all meals for the week on Monday, cleaned house and made a fresh sweet potato pie yesterday. Today I have worked on organizing cabinets and closets with more of the same tomorrow plus laundrey. It is still very hot here--102 outside right now plus of course the humidity in MS. Sure hope Sept. cools off a little!!!!!!

Jori! What a change it will be for you with the little ones in pre school! I hope you sail through it with very little to no stress at all!

All is well here. It is hot again after a beautiful week of the temps being in the 70's.

Yesterday I discovered the bobbin winder on my sewing machine is broken. I figured it would be cheaper to buy an external winder for about $25.00 than to buy a new machine. I already have a bunch of bobbins pre wound anyway. So, I started to sew the rest of the basement window curtains and discovered the reverse is also broken. Must be the transmission. :nail:

I really need a reverse or the beginning and ending seams won't stay sewn shut. So, after searching on line most of the night, I found one at Sears I like. I really like Kenmore machines but this one is a Singer. I don't use all the bells and whistles so that isn't important to me, but it was about the same price as a Kenmore and it had a couple of things that I will use that the Kenmore didn't have. Needle down position, 1 step buttonholer and dust cover. And it was in stock. I bought it. Now I can go racing forward and backward to my heart's content.

Our Rouses had whole chickens for 69 cents a pound also. We don't shop there every week because it's about 20 miles to drive over there, and with the price of gas... Well, this week the sale was good, so we decided to make the drive. When DH pulled up to let me out, they had 2 young men standing out front waving customers away because their computer system had gone down and they were closed. :tapfoot: So I told DH to go across the hwy to wal mart and we would comp prices.The man in the meat market told me they would not comp the chicken because the add said 'Sanderson Farm Whole Fryers', and thier chicken didn't have a brand name. He said that if the add would have read 'Whole fryers' with no brand name listed, they would have comped it! So we are eating pork chops and ground turkey this week! My sweet SIL that works at wal mart brought me 10 pounds of potatoes @ $1.79, tomatoes for $1 lb., lettuce for .99 a head, cukes 4 for $1 and peaches for free just because!

Archived