MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Turned On The Oven

Dee

If you have mulberries and rhubarb on hand it's an easy pie to make. DH had his warm with vanilla ice cream on top and a cup of coffee. I had 1/2 a slice with coffee and we both thought it delicious.

Give it a try!

Mulberry/Rhubarb Pie

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups mulberries

1 1/2 cups finely chopped rhubarb

1 1/4 cups white sugar

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon butter

1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie

Directions

Mix together mulberries, rhubarb, sugar, and flour.

Pour into unbaked 9 inch pie shell. Dot filling with butter or margarine, and add top crust.

Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake until pie is done, about 30 minutes. I actually bake mine closer to 50-60 mins. after turning the temperature down. Possibly because I make mine a 2 crust pie or it might be my oven temperature.

Yes, was thinking of cooking up some stuff in oven just to heat up the rooms a bit - but out of house most of weekend, so we just hunker down until we leave.

Nice to be wearing coats outside as THAT means Fall is coming.

Also I like to wear extra long sleeve shirts and having a blanet over my knees while reading in the early morning (in my rocker) with a cat on my lap and one sipping my coffee.

YES, we have a cat that LOVES coffee - but only gets a bit every now and then- she like it black with a bit of sugar no milk! Which is good as that is the way I like it too. LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Archived