MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Early Christmas present

Christy

DS decided I needed a very early Christmas present. It arrived today. He´s been teasing me about somethign coming which I´d like but not really need.

He knows I´m dead curious to what it is and he drove me up the wall with it.

It´s a book on how to KNIT Christmas baubles. Very pretty and now it´s obvious hwy he ordered it so early. he wnats a tree with knitted baubles this year :grinning-smiley-044:

A Friend of his works for a publisher and she knows i love crafty stuff.

http://www.kerstballenbreien.nl/

Watch the pic at the top how pretty this is.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :santa:

Those ornaments are beautiful. I couldn't read the web site it but pictures are pretty universal in any language.

I can do a straight knit and purl and that's about all. I wish I could knit socks but can't get the hang of double pointed needles.

Those are soo cool! I wish I could do that. I might have to show DH... he's the knitter/crocheter. Maybe I should pick it up knitting??

I love the red and white ones Christy. We had an exchange student from the Netherlands back in the 70's that didn't knit but boy could she crochet beautiful doilies and could do them so quickly..

A couple of years later we had a girl from Norway that could knit amazingly beautiful sweaters with designs in them like your ornaments. She too, was so quick we could hardly believe

Please take a picture of your ornaments when you get some made. I'd love to see them!

And by chance I get an email just now from Living Crafts. They sell this book in English but also have a giveaway and vouchers.

See on the link if you'd like to have a shot:

http://www.livingcrafts.com/blog/knitting/book-review-55-christmas-balls-to-knit

Archived