MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What live concerts have you been to?........

Guest Guest

I've not been to too many but have been to a few. Let's see, Alan Jackson, Barry Manilow, Anne Murry, B.J. Thomas and Peter,Paul and Mary to name the ones I can think of right off the bat.

------------------

dee.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm let's see.......

Kiss, ZZ Top, Shania Twain (3 times), Meatlaof, Streetheart, Loverboy, Dr. Suess & the Blue Who's, Neil Diamond, Great Big Sea, Leahy, Bryan Adams, Air Supply, Alanis Morriset, Rod Stewart, Foreigner. shocked.gif There are others that I can not remember. One was a fairly older grey gentleman who played the piano and did comedy at the same time .....Boris?? Voloris?? confused.gif Can't remember his name, isn't that bad. And he is so funny and popular, too.

As you can see, this was over a 26 year period. There are so many different kinds of singers/bands, that I like. And many more that I have wanted to go to, but missed going to. grin.gif

My DH has gone to probably over 100 concerts or more, in his life time. shocked.gif

grin.gif

------------------

spitzfire.jpg

Oh boy, I would have loved to go to a BJ Thomas and Neil Diamond concert! smile.gif

I have been to mainly christian concerts:

Supertones, Skillet, Rich Mullens, Alter Boys reunion concert (the drummer is now our worship leader at church), The Imperials, etc.

My dear hubby wants me to go to see Switchfoot in concert tonight. I don't know...I hate the crowds...but usually enjoy the concerts.

Spitfire - do you mean Victor Borge?

I've seen Vanessa Mae, John Denver and Suzanne Vega, all here in Dorset, England. Also a comedienne called Victoria Wood who is one of my favourites. I took Bethany to see Riverdance when it came to Bournemouth, which she loved.

OK Ed, fess up and list the concerts you've and Peg have been too!

I have been to many but one of the most memorable ones was the original Woodstock. Nothing can really compare to that.

Of course then there is THE JOHN DENVER CONCERTS which come second after Woodstock.

I have also been to: The Beatles first concert here in America,

Peter, Paul and Mary ( had dinner with them at a local Italian Rest after the show)

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and without Young concerts,

Barry Manilow, James Taylor, Jim Croce, Grateful Dead, Harry Chapin, The Mamas & Pappas, Jethro Tull, Janice Joplin, Sting, ELton John, Rod Stewart, Simon and Garfunkel, Garfunkel, The Roches,Donovin, Jefferson Airplane,Eno, The Moody Blues,The Band, CCR, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Joe Cocker, Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, The B-52's, The Cranberrys, Paul Williams, The Three Tenors, Janice Ian, Carly Simon, The Irish Rovers, Does George Carlin count? Celine Dion, Green Day, Dire Straits, Indigo Girls, 10,000 Maniacs,Blues Traveler, Louis Prima and Keely Smith- I always saw them as Louie is my dads first cousin, and So many many more groups and single acts.

Those earlier concerts bring back memories and like anyone does who goes to concerts I have the original programs and concert ticket halves in albums.

For all you Fred Penner and Otis Redding Fans they were both in the Franciscan Seminary with my brother and we use to see them all the time. Who would have thought they ever would have become singers in the spotlight. If you could only have seen them in their long robes and open toed sandals.

Fessing up reci:

Jethro tull..great!

Neil Diamond..got "dragged there"...awesome!

Queen...3 times!

Elton John..great!

Kiss!..too funny!

Yes

David Bowie..cool!

Jake Iles (sp)got in trouble here!

Blue Oyster Cult

Rod Stewart..he split his leather pants!

Allice Cooper..is he still alive?

many others...I forget!

...but Neil Diamon was a show I will never forget! 2 year olds with grandmas dancing ...a must see!

------------------

edandpeg.gif

Gonna show my age again!

I never cared much for concerts, actually, but...

Beatles, Janis Joplin & Grateful Dead when I was young. Others, too, like Peter, Paul and Mary, and others who were popular at the time, but not so well known now.

Then I went years without going to any concerts. I did recently go so U2. They give a wonderful concert.

Oh --- does Yahudi Menuhen count? (-:

Hey Ed and Peg.

Did you know that Alice Cooper is a born again Christian now for a couple of years I think?

My first concert was YES. Others were Humble Pie, Uriah Heep x3, Crosby, stills, Nash and Young, Bob Seger,Grand Funk Railroad, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Jimmy Buffett, Willie Nelson x4. Does Steve Martin Count? Molly Hatchet and has anyone ever seen Glenn Kaiser? He's a Christian Blues artist.

Why I am just a newlywed Mr. Ed! &:P .

Neil Diamond is one of my fav's. I had the opportunity to attend one of his concerts and it was rockin. Manilows concerts are like Diamonds. When you leave their concerts you take those feel good feelings and carry them around with you forever.

I would have given anything to see Queen.

Fat Bottomed Girls by queen is one of my very favorites.

A couple of years ago Elton was traveling around the US playing for small crowds so it was not advertized. I was lucky enough to be having dinner with friends when Elton popped up to the Piano at the place we were dining at and started to entertain us.

It was a great way to see him and when he took a break he came over and sat with us and just shot the bull. He's a wonderful and funny guy. We had the nicest chat. It was a casual atmosphere and Reggie was at his best!

David Crosby and Graham Nash were very down to earth people and their wives were very nice.

John Denver was my friend. John would do anything for anyone he was just that kind of person. I knew him when he wasn't famous. His loss affected me for a long time.

Now Peter Paul and Mary and Dinner at Corteses Restuarant was something. When they come to town they always eat at Corteses and I was at the afterparty after the concert and was invited by Paul Stookey to come to dinner with them. Paul is a delightful man but Travers and Yarrow were kind of out of it. Too Much white wine.

When he is in the area Bob Dylan always visits my friend Elliots cafe called Whole in The Wall. He's a good friend of Elliots so I get to smooze with him every once and a while. The cafe is known for its Vegan fare and baked goods. Alot of the groups or people that play at our arena if they are vegan either order food to be delivered to their dressing rooms at the arena or they go over to the Wall after the concert.

One of the biggest surprises that happened to me was after the Harry Chapin concert I attended Harry ame up to me and took me in his arms and proceeded to French Kiss me. It was not pleasant. He must have had a meal that was heavy on the garlic.

I guess I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time when it came to that kiss although alot of women would relish it.

I could write a book and I wasn't even a groupie. I just met these people through friends after my 20's. Most of the above mentioned were just nerds and eggheads like me and pooh poohed all the fuss around them.

[This message has been edited by reci (edited October 21, 2002).]

Ummm... Fleetwood Mac, when I was 16. Great music, but I did not appricite the weed smoking in the pit, got a high I didn't want off that frown.gif and Motley Crue blush.gif when I was a teen. Very loud, but that was kind of the point. Haven't been to one sinch I grew up and became "responsible" Sure wish I had been able to see the Eagles when they came to Seattle when we lived there. Maybe someday I'll take my DD to an Enya concert smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

These days Snowy as old age creeps closer I find myself listening to a more softer kinder form of music for the eardrums although I have a few days in and out where I shake the house with some eardrum splitting music.

You know what the best concert going is snowy and it doesn't cost you a cent and you don't have to leave home. You will find it in your own backyard if you stop and take a listen.

Thats the sweetest symphony you can ever hear.

• 2 weeks later...

So many.

first was Yes. I was young and drunk. Ugh.

Since I married I have been to several hundred. My dh is a music junkie/collector. We do Christian Rock.

Yes, Ed. Alice Cooper is still alive and had a great cd several years ago called the Last Temptation.

Snapshotmiki, We have all the Glenn Kaiser and Rez albums. I dont care for Rez but love the band members. We do the Cornerstone Festival and see lots of great bands there. In fact it is the 20th anniversary in 2003 and Rez will be playing.

We like the 77's, Adam Again, Lost Dogs, The Choir, Phil Keaggy etc. Too many to list.