MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Monday

Jeepers

I know I'm strange but I love Mondays. I think it's because I like routine and a fresh start to the week.

Anyway, so far we broke the record for the wettest year ever recorded here. Last night it rained again and today it is pouring. I'm sort of getting concerned. If all of this precipitation continues and changes to snow we could be in for a very interesting winter.

Yesterday before it started raining, I brought a big load of firewood into the garage and another smaller load into the family room. Hope I didn't bring any bugs or worse inside. I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter here.

not a bad day here today. I don't have a woodstove or fire place in this apartment but I remember dealing with wood for them at the start of wintry weather in past places I have lived. :) Got bug spray? Um, yes it is flammable too, lol.

I used to watch the flames devour bugs coming out of the wood cracks at Sue's place. She had about five fire places we had to keep going when it got cold.

I woke up early which is good for me and have been puttering with clutter clearing today. I am somewhat satisfied and got the sewing table sorted out much better. It wasn't really as difficult as I thought it would be and the bins work just fine for all they were needed for ( big surprise!).

It is also one of those evenings that curling up with a good book really sounds good to me too! Or creative writing.

I am waiting for Mt Rider to pop back on . Hoping she has not been snowed in already in her nook in Colorado! I think she was expecting a big storm a couple days ago. Had some stir fry, veggie style tonight already so am sitting here curled up with a book and the keyboard for a bit before I go do some other stuff. I was sort of dizzy yesterday so taking things slow today.

Glad you got your sewing table cleared off. Mine is my kitchen table. Not too handy sometimes. Sorry you were feeling dizzy. Hope you are feeling better today.

It is a good night for a book. I just noticed we are in a severe thunderstorm warning. I'd better go get something for supper before it hits. I have my wind up radio handy in case it does.

Hope Mt Rider isn't snowed in. Unless she wants to be. That can be cozy sometimes too.

We got up to 83 here today. Down to 65 tonight with rain tomorrow--we hope! I did a little mending and made breakfast eggs, sausage and taters to put on tortillas for thenext week. Took leftover mashed potatoes from my meatloaf (finished) and made potato salad out of them. I think we'll be having spam and potato salad for lunch for a few days. Tomorrow I am making chicken cacciatore in the crockpot with rice.

Also went to the post ofc to pay bills and get mail. We are working on very little money at this point because we got our new driver licenses and tags last week. We are the only folks I know whos budget doesn't include food. I haven't worked my little 10 hour a week job for three weeks! Thank God for my preps! My persimmons are finally almost ripe so I am making pudding with them. Pups are fine and that's about all that's new. Still waiting on the house.

Archived