MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ever have one of those Days (weeks)!

So here I am trying to get a secret sewing project done for lori for Christmas. MAke her something special every year.

I can't start it too early or she will get it beore the big day ( I am still that little boy who can't wait).

Then I can only work on when she is at work-

and that is just from 1 pm - 5pm and some days even comes home at 4 pm.

Like YESTERDAY! here I was up to my (you know what) with fabric and stuff when I hear the car pull in the driveway $%^&$#*^&% !

ran around like a mad man and I got things put away just in time.

Still a ways to go but I will get it done in time............................ I hope?

:AmishMichael2:

Been there done that too. One year it was a set of weights for DH. I was trying to wrap them and he came knocking on the door. I did think to lock the door. They were so heavy I had to make him wait outside until I could drag them in the other room. Another year it was a scarf I was trying to knit or crochet. I ended up taking it in the bathroom with me and faking a bath. :bathbaby:

(((AH)))

One year, I was working on a pastel painting for MIL & FIL. Had it covered with a large box top. Took the time to do one for DH and wanted to keep it secret, so I taped it to the box top. I got home from work and he told me he was showing a friend MIL's painting and his friend said he liked the other one better. !!!! DH asked what are you talking about? The guy replied the one in the box top. So much for my surprise.

Hope Lori doesn't read this thread... LOL

(((AH)))

One year, I was working on a pastel painting for MIL & FIL. Had it covered with a large box top. Took the time to do one for DH and wanted to keep it secret, so I taped it to the box top. I got home from work and he told me he was showing a friend MIL's painting and his friend said he liked the other one better. !!!! DH asked what are you talking about? The guy replied the one in the box top. So much for my surprise.

Hope Lori doesn't read this thread... LOL

I had that problem last year when I made her " Lori's books, bargains & more" Dollhouse for Christmas.

Where can you hide a dollhouse in a house that someone isn't going into all the rooms all the time?

I did 'hide' it in a box in the pantry that we had been keeping extra cloth for rags in, with other stuff piled on top of that box so she wouldn'r pick it up by chance.

The hard part was clearing the room of paint smells the last few days when I was painting it.

She would come home from work and ask:"do you smell something funny?"

:AmishMichael2:

The last time that hubby & I did Black Friday (many many years ago), we went to Best Buy and we purchased a combination dvd recorder and vcr. Hubby lugged that thing through the store as we waited in line...through the parking lot to the car... into the house...up the stairs...wrapped it...carried it downstairs to sit by the tree...carried it out to the car...into my parents' house and placed it under the tree. After all of the gifts were opened, he tried to give it to my mom so she could open it. She (was in on the joke) passed it back to him. I had changed the tag on it to his name instead!

Archived