MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

skin rash

I still have this rash from a few months ago. Some of it is little blisters. I'm getting some relief from the itching with tea tree oil. And sometimes Lanacane.

I think it is some kind of an allergic reaction. I took a few things out of my diet. The rash was doing better. When I added pizza sauce back in, it got much, much worse. I also had gi reaction. About 5 years ago or so, I had to eliminate tomatoes, but was able to add them back in. Now that's out. I don't think that's all I'm reacting to, but am not able to go to the doctor's at this time.

What supplements are good for rashes/allergies?

I take a bunch of supplements normally. I've upped my probiotics, Kyolic garlic, flax seed oil (already was taking a fish/flax/borage combo). I'm taking some pau d arco and aloe caps. As of my last blood work, I was very low on zinc, so I'm trying to get that down everyday with a snack in the afternoon. I'm taking Now's L-OptiZinc since that's supposed to be easier to absorb. I have to watch because it makes me nauseated. I take thyroid pills three times a day, so sometimes it takes some planning with making sure I'm not taking stuff around those times that could interfere with the thyroid pill absorbing.

On the rash, I've been using Udder Cream and tea tree oil (dry=itchier). I remembered I had Vitamin E oil in the fridge yesterday, so I've been putting some of that on, too.

I'm ordering supplements soon. I'm thinking about quercetin with bromelain, burdock root and lavender oil. Lavender oil would be for putting on the rash. Any other suggestions? Has anyone used those things with good results or bad reactions?

When I was a young girl, about 10 yrs. old, I broke out in a rash. My grandmother suggested Cream of Tartar--a tsp or so, mixed in a glass of water. This is the basis of old time lemonade. She claimed that Cream of Tartar cooled the blood so would work on a rash to reduce the hives. I don't know if it worked or not bcz the rash went away on its own---I did drink it but whether it worked for me or just went away on its own, I don't know. Its a tasty way of trying though!

Archived