MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Thursday and the Cows are Fussing

winknasmile

Morning Everyone :darlenedance:

There are 3 cows this morning that won't be quiet. I don't know what they're problem is. I can see them, they look fine but they keep bellowing. It's the girl pasture so maybe they've simply got the giggles.

Today is my sons 39th birthday. My word but the years have flown. He's grown into a wonderful son, husband and father. I used to have my doubts about that kid but God love him he turned out great! If you're having trouble liking your kids, we always love them, give them until they're about 30 and you'll be amazed at the changes! Happy birthday Josh AND a happy birthday to you too Darlene.

We must have had some stormy weather in the night. There are bits of leaves and grass on both the west and south windows. I knew they warned there might be some but I never heard a thing.

I got a call from the librarian yesterday morning saying her brother in law had passed away suddenly so would I work for her. Of course I said yes so I worked 10-5 yesterday. I didn't get anything done around here since she called 1/2 hour before having to go in so today will be spent playing catch up and doing some laundry, etc.

Hope you all have a great day and will take the time to let us know what's going on in your little corner of the world! :grouphug:

Oh wink! I don't think I can survive 26 years and 17 days more of my little stinker. He was sitting on my lap when I read your post and I just laughed. Happy Birthday Josh!

It's sunny and warm out. I ran a bag of trash to the curb this morning and grabbed the newspaper and was amazed at God's wonders. We were wearing jackets and jeans earlier this week, yesterday the kids wore their short pajamas and flip flops to school for pajama day and I had to turn the air on to take some of the humidity and heat out of the upper level of the house so everyone could sleep and I didn't have to worry about DS1's allergies and asthma. It's amazing what a change a day can make. I have onions from seeds finally coming up and a few more potatoes. :woohoo:

I started cleaning out DD's closet this morning and putting away her long sleeve shirts and leggings. I was sad to see a few cute outfits are a size to small now but I packed them up for her friend for the fall so they will get more use. I;ll have to start inventorying all three kids for clothes and shoes for fall/winter pretty quick. DD should be alright minus shoes/boots but I want to double check. DS1 looks like he is on the verge of a growth spurt but I've picked up some things for him. DS2 will have hand me downs so he should be set, too.

Today is my normal big grocery day (Sam's and Costco) but my in-laws are on vacation and DH is swamped so payroll hasn't been run. It looks like I'll be going Saturday, instead of making grape jelly, since tomorrow is my last beginning knitting course (cable and lace). I'll start the project class next Friday and then decide the next step, either another knitting class or start the quilting class. I might wait for the next quilting class so I can focus on the knitting a little more and improve my skills. So, the goal is to get a few things done in the house this morning and then head outside to get a few things done early.

Our recycle truck came through this morning (twice a month) I notice this time and the last one that instead of the truck with the separate sections for glass, plastic, paper, etc, it's been a trash truck with recycle painted on it. <_< It struck me as odd that we are separating everything and they are all of the sudden just throwing it all in the same place. Maybe I'll pull some of the newspapers and use them in the raised beds. I don't know if I like the idea with the ink on the pages but if they aren't recycling it then my garden can always benefit.

Have a great day!

Happy Thursday! It is 79 degrees outside and absolutely GORGEOUS! Of course, I am in the house writing. I have plans to go outside to play after hubby gets off of work. He will probably be too loud for me to be able to write then, anyway!

Happy birthday to Josh!

Living in the city, I'd love to hear some bellowing cows. Instead, I hear my (LOUD TALKING) neighbors through the open window!

Have a great day, everyone!

Archived