MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A New Week

Morning Glories :bouquet:

It's a beautiful morning here and I've already been out to the gardens :lois: , watering, etc. Love these days!

Yesterday we spent most of the day in the gardens too. It so often seems Mother's Day is the 1st nice day of spring so it's become a tradition that we mothers prefer staying home and putzing around outside. Odd, perhaps, but true. Well, DDIL doesn't garden so she went golfing with her sister and mother. :D

Tuesday, AFTER I weigh in at Weight Watcher's, we'll go out for supper somewhere to celebrate Mother's Day. What did all of you do to celebrate this special day?

The sprinklers need moving so I'm headed back outside.

Have a great day and let us know what's up in your world today. :hug3:

Edited by winknasmile
spelling

Good Morning,

Clear skies, hoping for good weather for the firefighters. We have 4 wild fires burning right now. Not a good thing, too early in the year. The temperature is averaging above 100 degrees daily now. 109 on my porch yesterday.

My friend gave me some mint for my spice garden. Got it planted and watched the plant perk up by sunset.

Today, I will be traveling to Texas for the week. MIL has an event she wants to take me to, on Thursday.

We sat on the porch swing watching the birds. Thrashers, swallows, starlings, grackles, sparrows, 3 types of finches, 4 types of dove, gambel quail, cardinals, and brown crested flycatchers came in for water. The quail came in last week, about the time I give the birds a cup of seed in the afternoon. They watched, from under the pomegranate tree, as our usual birds flocked in. They have begun to visit the yard about that time now. Yesterday, the little buggers roamed in my garden doing the 'chicken scratch' thing. I am hoping they do not kill the seeds I am waiting to see sprout.

Looking forward to hearing how your day is.

Bright and sunny here also 50 this a.m.

I got a load of towels washed and on the line before 8

sterilized my jars and have beans in the canner.

Mulberries and cherries waiting to do.

Hanging out the towels I got swarmed by mosquitoes. Every slap was killing

1-3. I hung those towels in record time and fled to the house.

These creatures can populate in a thimble of water. Here they seem to be

all near the woods. I have water out for the birds, cat and dog plus rain water.

I keep a very close watch on the water and have never seen any sign of reproduction.

But they sure are hatching in great numbers somewhere.

I am allergic to Trumpet vine- got into it by mistake again grrr!!

Why I get hives on the inside of my thighs I do not know. Even though

I touched a plant with my hand the reaction there was slight as usual.

But I also have hives on my face and lips, and eye lids. And when I have

it on face I get a mild flu reaction.

Does anyone have an organic non chemical solution for these hives?

They will go away but will leave a dark purple stain that lasts for weeks

before it fades.

try a mix of thyme herb, from your kitchen thyme herb, and water and make a paste and apply that for a while and see if it helps. It helps with shingles, so it might help with hives?

Keep away from the eyes though.

can you take benydryl?

have you thought of getting a handyman to come in and remove the trumpet vine if its not some holier than thou protected plant ?

Edited by arby

Have not gotten to the point where I am paying attention to birds in my area but they are outside, rather quiet except for early morning chirps as they awakened.

I hope to see something pleasant when I go on my errands about the town later.

Expecting thunderstorms later.