MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Our Thursday World

Good morning everyone :eclipsee_Victoria:

Last night I got everything, EVERYTHING planted. It was such a good feeling but before falling asleep I thought of a couple more projects. I don't think I'm ever finished until the greenhouses lock their doors. After a long cold winter, albeit a very mild one this last year, how can I stop adding color to my outside world.......I guess it's obvious I can't! :laughkick:

Yesterday we went to our 3 year DGD's preschool graduation. All the children were sitting there doing pretty well as the teacher introduced each child and read a little about them. Until she got to DGD each had told her they wanted to grow up to be a policeman, fireman, doctor, etc. Nope, not Miss Ella, she want's to be a pirate. Everyone cracked up. Looking at the lady sitting next to me, I laughed and said, "she's ornery enough to be one". She replied "if Linda, the teacher, had asked me which one of these children said they wanted to be a pirate, my answer, hands down would have been Ella. That little girl marches to a different beat than the rest of us, that's for sure and I'll admit there's no one more fun to have around. I will also admit I'm glad I'm not the one that will be in charge of getting her to adulthood! :faint3:

Time to get busy. Lots to do, we'll see what I actually accomplish. What's happening in your world today. Remember to smile along the way. :bighug2:

Morning wink & everyone to follow~:bouquet:

Wink~ congratulations on finishing the garden. I'm waiting for DH to fill the rest of the beds. I have leaf and head lettuce, swiss chard, potatoes, onions, green beans, and carrots all coming in. I planted cilantro seeds Tuesday so well see if anything comes about. I haven't ventured to the greenhouses, yet.

It's beautiful out this morning! DS1 has already asked to go out to play.

We need to go grocery shopping but payroll has gone to direct deposit so I'm not sure when the $$ arrives since this is the first week for it. I need to run to the Verizon store and have my phone looked at today. We need to finish up the last few things for DS1's birthday and party on Sunday. I need to finish my "homework" for my knitting class, too.

I think that's enough for today.

Have a great day!

:bighug2:

Good afternoon!

It's a nice day here, too! The temp got down to 40 degrees last night so it was a little chilly this morning. Not complaining--I prefer cooler weather!

I'm working on family tree stuff this afternoon. DH's side is a little more difficult than most of mine. On my dad's side, I grew up around my great-grandparents generation, so I grew up hearing about the deceased relatives and all the stories. DH wasn't around any of his older relatives, so he doesn't have that info to go on now. And the ones I'm researching (on his side) lived several counties away. I called and left a request for obituaries at a historical society. I hope to hear back from them in the next week or two. Every little bit of information is another piece to the puzzle!

Good Evening,

Long day for us here in Texas.

MIL had me scheduled to take the Woman's Department of the Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce, "Remember! Freedom Isn't Free" Fort Bliss Bus Tour. It started at 8:30 clear across town, so we were up early to get there on time.

2.5 million acres! They are building a city with all the bells and whistles for the troops, and the public is invited to come and use some of the facilities. Of course, the general public can not use the PX or commissary, or drive a tank and such. We got to go in one of the new 'barracks' and have lunch in one of the cafeterias. Also saw loads of machines coming off of training maneuvers.

Heard some sad news. Stahlman Farms, the pecan farm we visited earlier this year, is closing their retail stores. They say the economy has gotten to them.

Hoping everyone had a great day.