MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good morning everyone :wave:

It's a beautiful morning here. We've had winds, winds, winds for the last 4 or 5 days but today it's to just be a light breeze. Tomorrow the winds start in again though..... :yuk:

So far this morning I've been watering, watering, watering. The winds do dry things out. I can just see the plants returning to life as they get their drink of water.

DGS will be here in a few mins. so I'm going to stop for now and give myself a chance to read my book and drink my coffee before the peace and quiet of the morning ends! :P

What's going on in your world today? Hope it's good whatever you have planned! :bighug2:

Good afternoon!

It's hot here. There's a chance of scattered storms. Our skies keep changing from bright blue and sunny to very dark.

I'm watching for the UPS guy. My package with the plastic breathing hand washer thing is supposed to be delivered today. I'm hoping they bring it to the house and don't drop it off at the Post Office.

Yesterday, DH planted some things. I'm still keeping out of the dirt...it was difficult to watch and not jump in! He planted 10 bell pepper plants. 6 are Penn Bell and 4 are something else. He planted 4 cherry tomato plants, onion sets, beets, marigolds and the hydrangea he got me as an Easter gift. We bought a chocolate mint plant at Agway--it smells so good! DH planted that in a pot.

We still have more to get planted in the garden--carrots, more parsley, Kentucky wonder pole beans, lima beans, more onion sets and either zuchinni or yellow summer squash.

It's getting hot here. In the upper 80's but it feels hotter.

I needed some landscaping done and called a guy from a sign I saw up the street. I need a tear out of 4 medium trees, 1 very large tree and one huge pine tree taken out. Plus about 20 old shrubs. I called Thursday and he was here Friday to give an estimate. Now, I have to admit I like to bargain. I learned it when we lived over seas. I also know that cash talks. I figured he would say about $3,000.00. Not really out of line around here and for the size job it will be. I thought I could get it down to about $2,500.00 with cash. He quoted me $1,000.00. We bargained around alittle bit and he said he would do it in 2 weeks for $800.00. :0327: That was Friday and today I woke up to chain saws. They are almost finished! Yaaaah. I should have done it a long time ago.

I won't bargain down quite so much next time though. My D-Ex said I can be a little ruthless. Now I feel kind of bad. My son said they have been in business 24 years so he guessed he knows his business and what things are worth better than I do. But still... :blush:

I do have a lot more work that needs done in the very back and I will give it all to him.