MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good afternoon!

What's going on today?

It's hot here. The weather forecast is calling for hot and very humid for today and all of the holiday weekend. "Feels like" temps are to be in the mid-to upper 90s. :knary: They're also calling for scattered storms. We sure could use some rain. The grass that's not in the shade is dry and is starting to sound crunchy when I walk on it! Not normal for May!

We need to get the rest of our garden in. Even though the typical rule of thumb here is to wait for Memorial Day weekend to plant most things, I think everyone must have gotten an early start. Everything looked really picked over last weekend.

We're grilling chicken for dinner. I don't want to heat up the house cooking and it's nice not having pans to wash!

Good Afternoon,

We are going to have a fish fry.

Hot here, even tho they said it would only get to 93 today, well, my thermometer said 105 degrees. It is cooler than yesterday's 107 and it is windy.

I am very close to closing down our garden for the summer. Most of it is shriveling up in the heart.

Hope everyone is having a good day, "it's Friday!"

weather.com said rain today! so we waited for it to come our way-

and waited and waited and WAITED!

but once again it passed us by.

Very dry around here and we NEED rain bad!

Got a call from the Amish Farm we help out at early in the mornng to see if we could take them into town to buy 'drip lines' for the strawberry patch. Things are not looking good as far as rain and the berries are starting to wilt. So we did that and now they are getting water so next week we can start picking for market.

:AmishMichaelstraw: