MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

using the washer.

gofish

I have a 19 year old washer. No bells or whistles on the thing It's a basic machine.

I told the kids that they can do their own laundry so I showed them how to use it. The same kids that laugh at me for my difficulty with technology can't figure out how to turn a dial on the washer and pull.

Son has even called me on his cell phone so I could "Talk" him through it. I was in the next room.:shakinghead:

Yesterday Son needed some clothes washed and wanted me to help him. I've had a ear infection for the past 2 days and told him he could do it without my help.

Later I was in bed reading and Son came in and bounce up and down on my bed and said " Mommy, Mommy, Mommy I even figured out how to turn on the dryer. Are you proud of me?":buttercup:

I know when I get the washer and dryer with all the bells and whistles that I want they are going to laugh at me because i can't figure it out..

Sounds like my washer. Pull the knob out, turn to wash, push the knob in.

I didn't want bells and whistles on mine. More things to forget to do and more things to break down. Then again, when I got mine there were no bells and whistles. It's old too.

Congrats on getting yours started doing their own laundry. I started mine when I told him to always keep his dirty clothes in the basket and turned the right way and I'd do it. One day I did laundry and his basket was empty but his floor was full. He griped one (1) time about his laundry not being done. After that, he learned real fast.

You guys HAVE buttons?

WOW!

Ours is so old (Maytag wringer washer) that all you have to do is put in clothes, homemade soap, add water from hose and pull out the start knob on the bottom. When wash is clean you just push in the knob and water goes out drain, and then put through the wringer. Put clothes back in tub, add water from hose and pull out the start knob on the bottom again, wait then put though wringer and hang outside on clothesline (IF it is not raining!)

How easy is THAT? :faint3:

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Ah! I miss my mom's (and dad's) washer from when I grew up! No bells - no whistles - no little children pushing buttons because they make beeping noises and the lights move.<_< (And they think they are really helping mommy.):D

Although, I'm sure part of my problem is our washer/dryer are on the second floor in a tiny closet next to the kids rooms. The laundry fairy can't always keep up with the laundry because little people are sleeping or we are busy doing things on the living level or outside (like this weekend).:busted:

Archived