MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good afternooon!

It's been raining on and off most of today. It's pouring right now. It will be nice not having to water the garden this evening! I'll have to go out later and check the rain gauge.

This week, we got our broccoli plants in and planted seeds for carrots, a few lima bean plants and yellow squash. We have to get the trellis out for the pole beans soon so we can plant those.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

It's rainy here too.

I went to the mother of all garage sales today. My friends are adopting a little girl from Haiti and the are having the garage sale for a fund raiser at our church. 22,000 sq ft of stuff.

Lots and lots of stuff. Lots of people too.

good all day rian here today as well! better than the other day when it poured! Had a bit over 1 inch in 20 minutes!

Saturday we are off early in the morning to hit a campground (full timers) that every year puts on a BIG yard Sale in the picnic area of the park everyone get a 20 x 20 area to put they stuff in and most have tents as well. This year we have only 1 1/2 hours to hit the whoe thing as Lori has 'Youth Stamp Club' at 10:30 and I go along to help out. Our last one for the summer and we are bring extra stamps for all the kids to share.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

We finally got some much needed rain too.

One of the Eagle nests I was watching had a tragedy disappointment this morning. One of the eaglets died. It is so sad. I guess the mom and dad are going to just leave it there. Not sure yet. It's not the Decorah one but the one in Canada. It's sort of hard to watch but interesting to see a side of nature, via camera, that we usually aren't able to see. :sad-smiley-012:

Edited to change a word.

Probably should have used the word 'disappointment' instead of tragedy. There are a lot of things worse than a bird dying in this world today. I was emotional.

Edited by Jeepers