MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Neighbor Preps!!!

We have met a great couple a few houses down from us.Our kids are the same exact age and we really have a good time with them. Yesterday she came over and we made bows for the girls for back to school. Her husband came down and we all ended up out back and ordered pizza and made a night of it. It is so nice to have a couple to hang out with. We seem to have so much in common.

I was asking about Hurricanes and when they make the decision to leave. One thing led to another and BOOM.....he came out and said "I'm a prepper".....I kind of sensed it but wasn't sure. This is sooo very cool b/c we have never had friends who truly shared our views....or my views. I say my views b/c DH does as I say...LOL. I'm thinking that b/c DH enjoys hanging out with him he will rub off on him and he will take a more proactive role. He IS getting better...

Nice ANewMe but be a little wary on telling them all you have. No one needs to know everything about others, including them telling you what they have. If the time comes when you all have to depend on each other there is time enough then to sort it all out.

New friends that both you and your DH like AND kids the same age as your children is great. Enjoy getting accquainted with them.

Nice ANewMe but be a little wary on telling them all you have. No one needs to know everything about others, including them telling you what they have. If the time comes when you all have to depend on each other there is time enough then to sort it all out.

New friends that both you and your DH like AND kids the same age as your children is great. Enjoy getting accquainted with them.

I agree. Wait until you know them much better. You really don't know if his definition of "prepper" is the same as yours. Oh, but if they do think like you do and ya'll are friends and the kids have friends can mean so much.

Yes, a good caution. Not just because you don't know them well yet. But also, you don't know if THEY believe in keeping their mouth shut about your preps or their own. They might not think anything about mentioning your prepper status to a half-dozen other folks....one of which has a druggie son.... :blah: You get the picture.

On the other hand, wow....this really might be the beginning of a great friendship or even a survival group. :darlenedance: A good mentor for your DH. At least, good playmates for your kiddos. Take it slow and see how much your values line up on the same side. That's what's going to make or break a close relationship developing with these new folks.

MtRider :thumbs: