MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

frost advisory

My area has a frost advisory for tonight/tomorrow morning. :frozen:

DH and I picked all of the green peppers. Most were small, but we got a big mixing bowl full. I'm going to work on getting them dehydrated tomorrow.

In other cool weather stuff, I wanted to get a couple new (extra) blankets for our bed. I was going to buy Vellux ones, but they are made in China now. <_< I was disappointed, but DH says I shouldn't be surprised. Seems like everyone's blankets are. :( We did find USA made ones cheap at Walmart.

With my skin still in ultra, ultra sensitive mode, I was trying to find things not treated with so many chemicals/pesticides. I'm reacting to even handling clothes in the store. I bought jeans last weekend. I soaked them in a bucket with a couple cups of vinegar. When I drained the bucket, the water was a :blink: yellow-green color. :yuk: No wonder going through the clothes rack at the store was turning my hands red!

Next on my prep list for winter is thermal blackout curtains for the living room. The store was out of the size and color I want. Will have to check next week. We already have them in our bedroom and another room. I think they pay themselves off in a winter. Plus, it cuts down on the noise level from the neighbors!

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

A few nights ago we had a good frost on the roof by 11pm.. leaves are all starting to change alot, air is crisper unless a rain storm comes through, which they have also. The creek is careening along again.

Momma bird is solo testing all her babies for this year and Miss Macy eagerly watches them after sunrise for quite some time and during the morning hours for her own amusement and wonder at her window seat. We had alot of medivac helo air traffic overhead, which she also noticed readily as she was sitting there as the helo came overhead over ridge and trees towards the hospital in town. She ducked! I don't blame her but at least this recent pilot is not swooping down and then up again over the creek and my building anymore. ( What kind of bird is that , Ma??????) Kind of look after she shuddered slightly and regained her composure.... and continued to enjoy the fresh air coming in the window screen and lovely day.

I sat here and reviewed some medical notes of my past. Hmm, the 90's really were that awful. LOL. Now I have to write about it....... :sHa_sarcasticlol:

For present needs. Well, I do know I have come a long way, but still have a long way to go and thats ok. God isn't finished with me yet. :shakinghead:

What is scary is I know the power of those words in black and white, and how suggestable not only I was, but the ones who documented things are..... and there are far too many people who will have access to this .... and I wish I was Sarah Palin or had her way of articulating things and perspective .... lol. But I am just me.

can I admit I felt like a misplaced Texan in California , behind the redwood curtain?

Seriously... well it was an interesting review to do. I am still going WTHeck? on some of it.

I must be a mushroom, because they keep you in the dark and feed you BS until you go human and get legs and hands again and open the door and walk out! Sort of one of those bewildering things going on in one aspect, but I am stronger than that and some of it just makes me laugh. Under the microscope..... screw dat. They should check their own assumptions, ya know?

I still think John Wayne was a heck of a cowboy and man. Even his son's say so. And yea, I need an earthly hero or two. Specially these days. Actually, he just seems sensible and had his own kind of fun too. Didn't tolerate ridiculous stuff for long. Took care of it when he had given them a chance or two.

Big grin. Maybe there has been some healing after all. That's a good thing. At least I could read it through and sort of go , wow, so this is what they wrote down.... It took me over a month to finally go ahead and read it. Now I have to write up my own summary for my ICW. This is going to be interesting. Not sure I want to see all the ripple affect,but it's my assignment.......

:animal0017:

I know I also understand more of why some of this even took place the way it did. Alot of it has to do with physical or neuro affects of things I have and and I am still seeking proper diagnosis, but this is with govt docs, which still is a battle. I finally loooked up a neurologist in Plattsburgh and need to call and ask if they will see me because the VA is not doing things correctly still.

Mt. Rider. I need to chat with you about MS. If you see this. I do believe that there is evidence of it having been part of me for some time.... but its like puzzle pieces and had to do research. Add NF and fibro to that and well... it was hard to sort at all and I still am. Actually I am glad to get properly defined this way. But have been paying attention when you talk about symptoms and yet understand it can vary some for each person. But finally, I would say its a very strong possibility and the VA won't even give me a consult for the NF stuff properly and it involves neuro as well as physical interior and external stuff all of which is going on. What a mess, but I am just trying to figure out how to manage things.

Screened out Parkinsons type tremor but it runs in my family and nerves. The temp changes and activity levels , humidity...... it finally started to click into place, stiffness .... other stuff. Eyes, for years , intermittent..... also NF glioma behind right eye on optic nerve too. so its mixed stuff, and the balance stuff and things, cognitive stuff. There was more to this than LD stuff, and yea, its progressing the last couple of years. I dont have that zip of tingling when i nod my head forward but much of the other typical stuff and the zinging nerve stuff on my head the past couple years,,,,,, probably has to do with MS, because that was in the book i got on kindle now. MS for Dummies. Great book for general knowledge and affects and orgs to go get help from.

Bottom line. I need to see a neuro . Might have a tumor on right ear nerve too, there is something weighty inside behind.....the ear.. its getting more obvious. Nope, not wax, doc checked that. That is an NF thingy and those and gliomas can go malignant. They have certainly been there long enough.

yea this is what national health care is like folks. really.

But actually its a relief. I just wanted to know and the medications just sound scary to me, so anything more holistic in suggestions I will welcome. Jumpy legs... geez, all kinds of thing going on .... been that way for a long long time.

anyway, it basically fit whats been going on for decades and especially the last two to five years or so and even the past months, progressively as well. I need to manage it. I do need a first floor home and gee, even floors??????? Walking ten mile walks in very warm humid conditions is not good for it, lol. Not to mention my poor feet on the soles. But I am stubborn and did what had to be done.

intermittent but more and more as time goes on. NOBODY picked up on it. You don't want to hear the words I have about that.... aaargh should suffice.

but its a relief to be able to define it and maybe to get some stuff that will help me deal with it more affectively. Whats so ironic is it makes me more acceptable.

It sure explains alot. Your description of the neighbors alarm system I relate to completely as well. So, it's not just anxiety or ......

this is going to get really interesting around here.

Edited by arby