MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Disorganized cook

I have let things get diorganized in my kitchen. I had leftover rice and I was going to make taco salad tonight.

I go to where my veggie cans are and grabed corn and black beans. I like to fry corn, black beans and rice together to add to my taco salad.

I opened the corn and found out I grabed the creamed corn.

I keep the 2 separate just for this reason. It's not what I wanted to use. :huh:

So tomorrow I'm making corn pudding. :)

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1950,145182-250205,00.html

CORN BREAD PUDDING

1 (17 oz.) can whole kernel corn

1 (17 oz.) can cream style corn

1 stick butter, melted and cooled

1 (8 oz.) pkg. sour cream

2 eggs, beaten

1 pkg. Jiffy corn muffin mix

Beat eggs. Add melted, cooled butter, add sour cream, corn, and Jiffy mix. Put into 2 1/2 quart casserole. Bake about 1 hour at 350 degrees.

So I went to make some Earl Gray tea. I feel about my tea the wayt most people feel about their coffee.

I had one tea bag left . I went to get another box out . :unsure:

It's on the shopping list now. :Blushing:

I think we've all had days like that. Yesterday was my day. I like to keep a big Sun Tea jar of iced tea in my fridge. My nephew had given me a box of Bigelow Tea and thought it would be a good choice for iced tea. I opened 3 tea bags and removed the strings. It wasn't until 5 minutes after I added the water that I realized that all of the tea bags were leaking grounds into the water. I forgot...Bigelow tea bags aren't held closed by a staple, they are held closed by the string. By pulling out the strings, I'd unsealed them all!

At least you like corn pudding! (I hate straining tea! :sigh: )

Shall I join in! LOL We've all had "those" days. I must admit my pantries are pretty organized with the can organizers etc., and I do keep corn and creamed corn in separate organizers...BUT I do have an organizer for "misc. soups" and realized I was out of canned cheddar soups so had to add a couple to my shopping list when we went tonight. Then when we got home with more prep batteries, couldn't figure out where I'd stashed the tote box with all our batteries! LOL MM finally found it...right beside my recliner chair! LOL Also nicked my left pinky finger 2 days ago and pulled out my "pink tape" to tape it shut and put a band aide over it...and realized it was my last role! So that was in my shopping notebook tonight too! Had it figured pretty close when we got to the cashier...10% of my social security! LOL Shopping from my pantry and replenishing it at the end of each month is a good rotation system for Philbe.

So....I agree...we have days when we're so far behind we think we're ahead?