MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fantastic Friday

Howdy Ya'll! Hope'n yall have a Fantastic Friday.

It's a beautiful day in our neighborhood... I think. Last time I went out it was still dark, stars twinkling in the heavens and dew forming on everything.

We covered the garden, just in case it got too cold, but the thermometer said 40 degrees. Gotta love my DH, he wanted to check the peat pots to see if the seeds were doing anything... now I get to re-seed a couple. Poor little sprout, never had a chance.... all it really needed was patience and a little more time. :tapfoot:

Ohhhh, I hear a mocking bird, that means it should be dawn out. I'll go step out to my porch swing and plan my day, God willing I will be able to knock more off my ToDo's.

Laundry, cleaning up the dirty/muddy mess on my floor around the doors from the precipitation we received, and training Grrr are the first items on my list today. Maybe even do some extra cleaning to get a head start on cleaning day tomorrow, or weed eat the weeds... (note to self... check a prominent weed to see if it is edible....LOL )... or mow 'em down.

Well, I guess Temperance heard the birds too, she came and looked at me for her morning juice.

Time for me to get started, what are you up to today?

It's a snowed in Friday for us. Guessing we got around 10 inches of the white stuff, and with the temps in the 20's it aint gonna go no where for awhile. It's soooo quiet! Nobody's able to get out unless they've got plows etc. The city crews only grade the "snow routes" and then will get around to the other streets. Our neighbor always plows our back alley/entry out for us...which we appreciate alot...however, with this much snow it only pushed a nice 3 foot berm behind our vehicles and Mountain Man took the snow shovels out of the back of his truck to make room for his tools, since he's been working on a bathroom project for a local church. Florist just called and check is ready (we delivered flowers for Valentine's Day) but it'll have to wait. Mnt.Mn did try to get to the work site yesterday only to find himself stuck three different times! A police cruiser had to nudge him through an intersection so he high tailed it for home! LOL When he came in, he was soaked to the ears with sleet, snow and sweat! I made him stop at the laundry room and pitch everything over the washer and lid before he came into the main part of the house. I told him "you're under house arrest!" Later in the day though, he suited up with thermal's etc. and took Abby for a long walk in the snow. We have a public walkway through our city that actually runs nearly through our state, and we've just a block from one of it's entry points. People walk it, bike it, and ride their horses on it. it's really nice, but...Abby can't have the freedom on it that she has when we're hiking in the woods at a state park etc. I'm still wanting Mtn.Man to go ahead and retire. Trying to figure out a way for him to keep using his skills as a carpenter, and his arsenal of builder's tools etc., but work out of his workshop. Talked to him about building picnic tables but not sure he received that too well. Seems he thinks the cost of materials would make it a non-profit project...and if he had son to help & paid him a bit, he'd go in the hole. So...I'm still huntin'! Any of my friends around Mrs.S got any ideas? Lots of people in our area build bird houses so that wouldn't really be much of a money-maker for him. Our local newspaper does have free wood pallets once in awhile...if you can get to them in time...so he could use them maybe. Anyway...have a Fantastic Friday!

We're supposed to be getting a rain/freezing rain/sleet mix thing today. DH is working outside today, so I hope it doesn't get too bad. From the window, it just looks wet out there. I'm not venturing out to check.

Going to heat up the leftover chicken soup for dinner. I think it always has a little better flavor the second day anyway. :thumbs:

we're supposed to get some wintery mix weather tomorrow -- I tried watching our local news, but the guy on during the day is more theatrical than informative, lol. I sat here afterward wondering, sooo what's the weather supposed to be. I opted to just read the forecast on their website.

today was my ironing day. later I am going to give making empanadas a try. yesterday I made flour tortillas and aside from their weird shapes (couldn't roll them in to a circle) they were pretty tasty!

Yes, AH, it is nice when things run smoothly. Too bad it doesn't happen all the time that way. LOL, then life would, more than likely, be boring.

Philbe, you brought back fond memories of "the quiet of the snow". When you mentioned pallets, I remembered a show I saw on TV, where the guy used them to make kids wagons. I think it was the 'American Woodworker' or something like that.

I will agree, OOTO, chicken soup IS better the next day, that and several other types of soups do too. :yum3: Chicken soup on a cold wet day, always seems to warm us up.

:yuk: Ironing! I used to have to do it every day for DH's uniforms. I was so grateful when we found 'ready pressed' (teflon infused) uniforms. Since he retired several years ago, ironing only happens when we have a major function or special engagement to attend. I made sure most of our clothes are wash-n-wear.

Don't feel bad about oval, square, rectangle, and octagon tortillas, that is normal, as far as I am concerned. The only tortillas that come out round for me are the corn tortillas I press in the cast iron tortilla press.

Nice to hear everyone had a nice day.

:pc_coffee: