MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

free gym membership?

kappydell

Yesterday my room mate & I went down and enrolled in a gym. Or rather, I got a card from the insurance company that was good for free membership (part of their 'wellness' program) and she had to pay. I was amazed at how cheap it was - for a much better facility she is paying 1/3rd of what I used to for my husband & I. That was even with the extra $5 a month for tanning (she loves to tan, I don't). Nice place - indoor & outdoor pools, separate saunas for men & women, a seperate woman's work-out area, classes, etc. For those of you that have insurance, you might want to ask about whether they have a wellness program you can get included on. It was a real nice benefit for me.

Then she stepped on the scale and went into shock. I figured she would...she got on our house scale and announced it was broken (and it is right on according to my doc's scale). I felt a little bad for her. I've been dieting & losing right along, now it looks like she will be joining me in getting in shape for the summer's fun (and for our health). It did not help that she just turned 60, which bummed her out more than 30, 40 or 50 combined.

We compensated by starting a new birthday tradition. After midnight, she took a stroll in the dark back-yard (after checking carefully for cars and passers by, naturally) in her 'birthday suit'. (We giggled like a couple of school kids.) I guess I'd better stick extra hard for my diet and exercise programs - I turn 60 next Jan! and she is alreading daring me to do the same birthday suit stroll. I told her I gotta get it taken in, first (and maybe iron it a bit).

Kappy, you're a hoot! What is it with older women??? On my bucket list I had make a naked snow angel and dance naked in the rain. Mission accomplished! :icon19:

P.S.

I do have a privacy fence all around my yard and the deeds were done at around 3:00 AM

You are lucky to have a 'partner in crime.'

You silly girls! Sounds like loads of fun...'ceptin I don't have any fences to hide behind. I'd love to go for a "skinny walk" with Mountain Man in the woods, but we'd get arrested for sure. Probably some "drone nerd" taking pictures would turn us in... :24:

I always wanted to be the 'eccentric auntie' (it sounded like fun) and you know what? It IS fun! Of course I wouldn't do it in the daytime out of respect for the neighborhood youngsters. Jeepers, you have a streak of the same devilment or else you would not have been rain dancing....

Im thinking the polar bear plunge might be fun, too, gotta find out if they do it here like they did near Lake Michigan (now THAT is one cooooold lake). Should we start an "I dare you" thread?

Edited by kappydell