MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Coffee Sunday

Today was my Sunday to make coffee for church.

DD2 who will be 15 soon and her friend went with me early to church to help me set up and make the coffee. We go in at 8 so when the other volunteers get there at 8:30 there is coffee ready for them and 1st service starts at 9.

DH and Son arrived to help me serve the coffee between services. Children's church was short handed so the girls went to help with the little kids. Dd has help me as special friend to a autistic child so today they let her do it by herself.

Son asked me if he could go to lunch with a friend just when things were getting busy. I asked who and where . He said a friend and ihop. I was busy and forgot the pursue the who.

When we got home Dh and I were making lunch and I again asked Son who the friend was and again he just said a freind.

Again I was busy and he took advantage of the fact and left.

Son and his friends are good kids and sometimes one of a wonderful group of twentysomething men take Son out to talk to him about how things are going in his life and offer advice so I wasn't to worried.

I asked DD who he went with. She said " Some girl.I don't know her name."

:huh: My 16 year old Son is going out with a girl and he dosn't want me to know? :sigh:

Edited by gofish

:huh: My 16 year old Son is going out with a girl and he dosn't want me to know? :sigh:

:) It's called growing up and being male. :)

:hug3: Be happy that he did, at least, *ask first*.

And boy, does he know how to time things!!! ;)

:24: