MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Check in...

Guest Guest

HI!

Life has been so busy here.

I held our family reunion; now I'm still trying to wrap up the details and I want to write about it soon.

I got our daughters started in elementary and high school.

And I got our son physically prepared and delivered to college. (not singlehandedly delivered... )

I should begin to have some time to write (no DS home begging to get online ahead of me!).

flower.gifcarpink.gifbug.gifderr.gif

Soooooooooo...

where are *you*??

Like you Cat, things are crazy around here. I had my 6 weeks check up last Wed. in Des Moines 100 miles from here, attended a shower for future DIL that evening. Bill Gates bought our library (and others all over the country) 2 computers, flat screen monitors and a printer so the other librarian and myself spent Thurs. and Fri. at classes learning about all the bells and whistles of the things. I worked yesterday and attended our future DIL bachelorette party last night. I came home about 11:00 and those girls were still going strong!

Who else is riding a roller coaster right now?

I am busy with the garden, harvesting and preserving. Picnics all over, end of summer get togethers.

All very nice but, tiring.

The servers were down last night, couldn't assess Mrs. S or Frugal Squirrel. Not sure what was going on. It took 5 tries to get a post in, then I couldn't get access to the board.

Been working 5 hours a day 5 - 6 days aweek at A&P... taking the kid to football practice and dropping him off before I go to work each evening.... comming home and cleaning up the kitchen and dining room before I shower and go to bed.... and I'm just plain pooped!

other than that I'm still alive... i think.

I'm here. Just been staying home a lot cause it's too hot to get out. I've also been trying to work my shoulder so that maybe someday I'll be able to raise my arm above my shoulder without help.

Busy here too. Twila called and of course I was at the cabin working to get ready for ( softly) winter. Got 3 fireplaces this year that will need wood. DH brought our old wood stove up to put in the new garage. He wants part of it to be a shop. Dad got his house on the foundation. Now all we have to do is get it all hooked up. DH said he'll help do that this weekend. So dad was here today buying the stuff he'll need. Told him if he forgot something to call. Also got DS moved out of his apartment. He's going to finish his degree finaly. So now I also have his cat here. Good thing my animals are good with others. But I did have to close up the holes between the fence and the house so he couldn't get out. So whose next? Diane

Nuttin new here.....but i'm sure enjoying reading what's going on with all of you!!

Congrats on the kids settling in at the different schools Kitty....enjoy the quiet while ya have it....before ya know.......it will be school vacations and the holidays again.

Oh DEE......HOW EXCITING .....the WEDDING !!!!!!!!!

You have to promise to tell us alllllll about it....and please pass on our CONGRATULATIONS to Josh and Cystal!!

COOL about the library....and Hard to believe it's been 6 weeks since surgery.........Please don't push yourself too hard with the wedding!!

Sounds like hard but FUN work Lois!

Gee Twi....i wish i could send you for a relaxing day at the spa!!

Oh Frannie.....i sure hope your arm is better than before the fall soon!!

Oh great DI......Tell DAD we miss him.....how's mom feeling?........and Red dog?

Mom is going nuts, Dad is so happy to be busy and the Red Dog is doing great. Thats just as long as visitors don't feel sorry for her and feed her things . Boy had some Uncles and Aunts up last week and they kept feding her junk food. I told them not to BBBBBUUUUTTTTTTT. Took the poor think 2 days to get it out of he system. Diane

Hi everyone!

Yes, it sure does sound like ya'll are busy, busy, and more busy!

We've been pretty busy getting back into the school routine again after a very busy unstructered Summer. Our house is up for sale and we've had a few calls already. I know it sounds bad but I pray it doesn't sell before Spring, as our new home is not built yet and renting sounds just awful.

Its been sheer lunacy here and I have hardly been home. Most of you know my auntie passed away a few weeks ago, well I am taking care of her business which has me out of town and when I am in town I am at school meetings and trying to get a syllabus printed for the classes I will teach this semester. Also my Aunt Doro was rushed to the hospital the other day with congestive heart failure and she has diabetes and has an open wound on her leg which continues to grow so the doctors are talking amputation which has my cousin in a tizzy. My oldest brother had kidney surgery 2 months ago and is not doing very well and has been gravely ill. The surgeon forgot to take out one kidney stone and it exploded so he has a nasty infection which he can't get rid of and is on his 7th antibiotic since the infection started. Keep him and his family in your prayers. I thought when my sister called me about my Aunt Doro she was calling to tell me our brother passed away..thats how bad a shape he is in.

I will be glad when this year is over... I will try to post freebies for you all three times a week if I can so keep checking in the forum and I have to tell you the Old Wives Tale contest is coming along well. There are many great tales posted there.

Coming in October I am going to have some kind of contest going in the Old Wood Stove Forum where you can win a cash prize to buy your Thanksgiving Dinner in November with or at least some of the dinner... Stay tuned for that Contest.