MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Who Knew Eating Fish Had This Effect?

Eat fish and you're less likely to die from a sudden heart attack.

People who dine on fish regularly have lower heart rates and that helps prevent sudden death from a heart attack, according to new research from the Institut Pasteur de Lille in France reported by the Ivanhoe Newswire. Sudden death or cardiac arrest happens when the heart stops unexpectedly. The secret heart-healthy ingredient is omega-3 fatty acids, which is found in abundance in cold-water fish, such as salmon, mackerel, herring, and tuna.

For the rest of the story, use this link:

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/homereales...fish/eatingfish

Quote:
Does haddock count?

Sorry but the darker the meat of the fish the better the health benefit.
Dark meat fish, salmon, trout, tuna etc... have high amounts of Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids. These good oils are the building blocks for you neurological system. They help your venous system to relax and lube you up, so to speak. I have become a regular user of Flax Seed Oil for this same health benefits. This is expensive stuff, but I have found a cheaper source at the feed store. Same oil but for horses. I add this to smoothies, baked potatoes, and mix with melted butter and garlic for garlic toast. Remember one thing when you think about oils…. What is your brain made up of??? Mostly Fat… good healthy oils can help with skin, sleep, depression, heart disease and many other issues in your life.

Just my 2 cents worth.

The oils that we have been encouraged for years to eat actually clog up the cells, making them sticky, they become unable to absorb nutrients or purge themselves of waste. Thus we have problems like diabeties, high blood presure, etc.

Following this train of thought, we can see where it could contribute to all diseases.

It is recommended in the UK that oily fish (such as those stated above) be eaten to keep the brain healthy, and may help to guard against diseases such as alzheimers. Mr Lowie read this somewhere and has started eating fish again! I don't as I am vegetarian, but I take flax oil when I remember (I find this difficult to remember, as I've never taken vitamins, etc; a bottle lasts a long time, although it's not meant to!). If I did eat fish, I wouldn't eat tuna because of the dolphine effect, and I would be extremely reluctant to eat anything that came out of the sea at all, to tell the truth. And as for farmed fish................. (bring on the carrots, that's what I say!)

Snowmom, I use fresh flax oil in my salad dressing along with olive oil, 1/2 & 1/2. I have never used the jelcaps.

You need about a tablespoon a day. I order mine over the internet from a grower, (some heath food stores have it. I have seen it at the drug store, but it is not refrigerated) 3 or 4 pints at a time cause it takes room for refrigeration. Never buy flax oil off a shelf, always get it refrigerated, and dated for not more than 4 months after packaging and use before it is 6 months old.

I would think if you are taking the gelcaps if they are very large at least 2 a day.

• 2 years later...