MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Halloween

Guest Guest

We don't get trick or treaters in the country and I miss it. Maybe I'll see if DS and DDIL would mind if we went to their house in town to watch the little ones come to the door. In the small town we know all the kids and it's such fun to watch them and try figuring out who it is behind their masks. They are so wild and full of life that it's just too fun to miss.

When our kids were little they loved the little candy bars and were not the least impressed with apples, popcorn balls or pencils. What do you give out?

I give out the good stuff.......like skittles....starbursts....reses peanut butter cups......snickers.........stuff we like to eat when the kids don't show up.......hahhahaaaaaaa

This year i'm going to my sisters to see her youngest boys and her 8 month old grandaughter.....(my great- niece i guess

We don't have any trick or treaters come to our house either. Sure wish we did, though!

You'll have a good time, Dee! The kids will be happy to see you, too.

Debbieelee, you're going to have fun seeing that little pumpkin!

Since we moved to the country we haven't had a single trick or treater. All the homes have a minimum of 6 acre lots so we are kind of spread out. We only have 2 young kids on this road anyway. It's alot different from when we lived in town. We would get hundreds there!

We don't have very many little kids around our neighborhood. In the past it's been mainly friends that make a special trip to our house. I like to give out the good chocolate stuff so we can eat whats left! Usually, we are gone during trick or treating so nobody comes. This year we will be gone to my older sons last high school football game. He's a Senior. We can't miss it.

I had planned for my younger son to spend the night with a friend of his so he could go treating but Saturday is the opening day of the Juvenile deer hunt. He wouldn't get to participate if he spent the night somewhere else.

We are dressing up in non-scary costumes on Wednesday during our Homeshool Enrichment Classes at our church. It's simply something fun to do. Of course, I'll be dressing up too. I feel lost if I don't dress up each year like my kids!

we get our share of kids on Halloween, as usual I will be giving out and what doesn't go, will go in lunches for the next few weeks... Katie is working delivering pizza, will have to dress her up as a witch or something.

Deb.... for Katie's first halloween she went as a pumpking.. so cute........