MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Here's Your Sign

Jeepers

This sign is actually in my town. I travel by it going from the hotel to the house. It warns that there is no turning on red during certain hours. Between the heavy utility lines and trees I have no idea what the hours are. I couldn't resist snapping a picture today while waiting for the light. This is a small 2 lane street that tee's. 

BTW one time, many years ago in the town over from mine, I got a ticket for turning right on red during certain hours. I missed seeing the sign. I stopped and everything but missed the hours. So every time I see this sign I feel like it's laughing at me.   :lol:

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think it has to do with school busses in the small town. The hours usually say between 7-9 am and 3-5 pm during weekdays or something similar to that. Even though there is no school near by. Where I got caught was at a really bust busy intersection. I stopped at a red light but then proceeded to turn right during the forbidden hours. Po Po pulled me over with lights flashing and the siren wailing. I felt dumb. I remember he asked me where I had been and where I was going.  Nosey little dude he was.  "Giant Eagle sir and Wal-Mart sir" At that point I didn't even know what I had done. I wasn't about to 'cop' an attitude though.  

In all of my 71 years I've gotten 2 speeding tickets and one no turn on red ticket. Last one was 26 years ago the year princess Dianna died. To be honest I deserve more speeding tickets than I've gotten. Now you know all of my dirty laundry.  :grinning-smiley-044:

Edited by Jeepers
Spelling. Although it was a 'bust'
  • Haha 4

Yes, we now know Jeepers is a speed demon. 

We have no turn on red around here as well. One is further down the road at Driver and Bennett's pasture. Can't see cars coming for the trees. So, we cannot turn on red there. The other one is in a neighborhood near the fire station. That one has certain times that you cannot turn on red also. Never got a ticket, so I have been fortunate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1