MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Store bought Alfredo sauce review - Wal-Mart Brand

I have been trying to decided what to do about storing Alfredo sauce. We are not fans of the dry pack that you make up nor do I like the canned sauce. It has a metalic taste to me. We like chicken alfredo pizza and eat it quite often. Hubby also likes Alfredo Sauce and noodles with broccoli and mushrooms.  So this past week I bought the small bottle of Wal-Mart brand Alfredo sauce. Tonight we had chicken alfredo pizza and I was quite impressed with the WM brand. It was actually passable. Hubby liked it on the pizza. So I will add it to the panty list for now. 

• Like 2

I checked the ingredients online.  I can't eat it without consequences, but it looks like a thing to store for normal people.  A reasonably good source of fats, quality proteins, and flavor.  Keep an eye on the dates, of course.  Wal-Mart is not always good at rotating stock.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size:

cup (62ggrams)

Amount Per Serving
Calories50

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.5ggrams4%Daily Value
Saturated Fat 1ggrams5%Daily Value
Trans Fat 0ggrams
Cholesterol 15mgmilligrams5%Daily Value
Sodium 340mgmilligrams15%Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 4ggrams1%Daily Value
Dietary Fiber 0ggrams0%Daily Value
Sugars 1ggrams
Includes 0ggrams Added Sugars0%Daily Value
Protein 1ggrams

Vitamin D 0mcgmicrograms0%Daily Value
Calcium 30mgmilligrams2%Daily Value
Iron 0.2mgmilligrams1%Daily Value
Potassium 40mgmilligrams1%Daily Value

The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
INGREDIENTS: WATER, CREAM, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, SUNFLOWER OIL, PARMESAN CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), DAIRY PRODUCT SOLIDS, MODIFIED EGG YOLK (EGG YOLKS, SALT, PHOSPHOLIPASE), SALT, CONTAINS 0.5% OR LESS OF THE FOLLOWING: ROMANO CHEESE (MILK, CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), NATURAL FLAVORS, ROASTED GARLIC POWDER, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, XANTHAN GUM, BLUE CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES, CALCIUM CHLORIDE), SPICES, LACTIC ACID, ONION POWDER.
  • Like 2