MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Any of you Ladies or Gents out there coupon Queens and kings?

Dee

I was just sitting, resting on the porch with a big old glass of ice tea and this thought just came to mind. I was wondering if all of you out there in survival land use the coupons? I don't know if this post belongs here but I thought I would ask the question.

We have a nasty virus thats going around which zaps all the energy out of you. I am trying to recoup from that.

Your all in my prayers.

reci

Hi Reci,

So sorry you've been sick! Hope you recover real soon!!

Yup..i'm a coupon cutter/user. I LOVE when coupons are tripled by the store.

Last week our store had Friendly ice cream/sherbert/yogurt on sale...buy one for $4.99 get 2 Free!!!! and i had a coupon that said save $1.50 on 3...so i only paid....$3.74 for 3 1/2 gals of ice cream....can't beat that with a stick.

I usually throw out those "save $ on 2 or 3" cuz usually don't buy that many....glad i saved that one.

Yep....i bet we should be answering this down in the money forum...(forgot the name- well were here now!)

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

Hi Reci, I use coupons as well. We have a store here that every once in a while, puts out a coupon buy one get one free. It is always for meat. Like Baron of Beef roast, marinating sirloin tip steaks. It's great like getting a present, they punch the amount in and then take it out. tee hee

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Hey Gals,

Its good to see some couponers answer. Thanks DebbieLee. I am starting to feel a bit better. Wow that was a bargin that you got on the Friendly's Ice Cream especially because its expensive. I look for those deals myself but they are few and far between here.

Debbielee and Brigid we have to get after Darlene to NOT forget her coupons when she goes shopping. All those pennies add up Darlene...(giggle)

I have to tell you a local grocery was having a sale on Ragu Spaghetti Sauce at 79 cents a jar. Ragu is a popular brand so its seldom on sale but when it is I stock up bigtime. I bought 50 jars of Ragu and had coupons for 75 cents off per jar and had fifty coupons.. lets see if I get this math right...I think I got all 50 jars for about 2.00 with using the coupons. But I forgot they doubled the coupons to 1 dollar so they actually had to pay me 11.00 back I think.. its too early in the am for this LOL... anyway after that purchase I noticed when the sauce came up on sale at that one store they posted a limit on how many jars you could purchase.

I think I need some tea

Now That was a GREAT deal Reci....boy would that make me excited...i Love Ragu (chunky mushroom/ green pepper/onion). It usually goes for $1.89 a bottle.

If i may ask...how did you get all those coupons?

You were real lucky cuz they limit to usually 5(around here anyway).

Do your grocery stores have their own card that you have to use in order to get the sales? Ours do. Gives me the creeps cuz they can track everything you buy. Is anybody else bothered by that?

Glad your feeling better!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 14, 2002).]

Uhm, I know how but I am bad about actually doing it. I have a great system, a wonderful box with all the right catagories, everything all lined up but, I AM LAZY.

I also got spoiled with triple .75 last year and now double .50 or even triple .50 does not sound that great. Yeah, I know, saving 1.50 is not great??? I have lost my mind right?

I have been trying to cut down on processed food that I buy. I just go out to eat instead. Make sense? Not me.

And yes, the cards give me the creeps also. shocked.gif I am just waiting for them to offer me the underskin chip...NOT! I have to admit that I am getting to the point that I am getting snippy about the cards and am just about at the point that I am going to shop anywhere else but at the store with the card.

Of course, to do that, I have to cure the lazy part. rolleyes.gif

First off I know what you mean about those cards although they are in my hubbys name.

No under the skin Chip for me ladies. I will fight it till I take my last dying breath.

On to Debbielee- I buy my coupons from a ministers wife. They reside in Florida but my coupons always get here on time if I have an urgent need to use them while there is a sale that week on the product.

The website is: http://www.thecouponclippers.com

And its run by Rachael Woodard whose is a wonderful person. The coupons are very cheap. If you go to her site you can look up the catagories of coupons that she has and order online. She will send you the coupons even before you pay her, thats how trusting she is. I have been getting multiple copies of coupons from her for over a year now and have never had a problem with delivery from her. I usually get about 5 to eight dollars worth of coupons every month some dated good till December. The Ragus I got are goog til December so that should give me time to stock up.

I don't know how Rachael has time to run the service she is so busy with church work and being a ministers wife and partaking of all those duties.

Check out her site if you get the chance.

The coupons I buy from her have saved me money on brand names.

By the way if anyone is interested I can show you how to get free items over the net, delivered to your home. This includes food, hygiene products, also soaps and shampoos, free cases of formula for babies, perfumes, coupons for free food at the store and also I can show you how to make up to a hundred dollars a month or more just by taking consumer surveys that pay.

Let me know if your interested. Last Christmas I spent over 1000 dollars on my large family for gift and I didn't even pay a cent for anything. I earned gift certificates to Target, K-Mart, Record Stores, Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com and other well known stores. I also earned food gift certificates to Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Domino's Ponderosa Steak House, Kentucky Fried Chicken and other places, which I gave out as gift certificates. I also earned some Applebees and Outback Steakhouse GC's which I gave out.

You can get so much stuff for free over the net. Some of the samples are full size.

Lets just say we dont have to buy deodorant, soap and shampoo plus toothpaste and toothbrushes for 25 years.

That only touches a tiny portion of what I have gotten for free.

I am by no means a coupon queen!! I do however try to use coupons when I can use them to get great buys and bargains!! smile.gif

------------------

CAGmomof2(Carla)Loving wife to Mark,mom to 2 children one who lives here on Earth and the other one lives in Heaven!! Renewing our Vows on July31st,2005!!

wavey.gif

Hi all,

Being from Canada I am not sure what you mean by the stores having the card.

I read back and now I think you were all joking about the underskin chip. tee hee, right?????

Some of our stores get downright upset if you bring in to many coupons. I used to go to one store and bring another store's flyer and they would match the other store's sale price, that way I would only have to go one place. This store also gives points toward free items. I have gotten a blender, breadmaker, binoculars, and toaster with these points.

I also will generally not buy anything full price, we only get it if it's on sale.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Hey Brigid,

I expect in the future we will all be required to get the " chip " and not only for medical purposes. If I am correct a family from Florida is testing this chip right now. If and when its a requirement we will kick in the self sufficiency mode.

I think its great that you recieved all those items just by collecting points.

I did something similar and got a Ron Popeil Showtime Rotisserie, new pots and pans, a Breadmaker and tons of other stuff for nothing. Keep up the good work on those coupons. I always price shop and if there is a lower price at one store I bring in the circular to my regular store and they match the price.

Heres a tip too. Ask your grocer when the days meat gets marked down and put on the shelves in the market. They have to sell the meat the same day they put it on shelves.

I have picked up Sirloin steaks for 49 cents a pound family packs- chicken breasts at 25 cents a lb, pork roasts for 40 cents a lb and other meats for really cheap because of the markdowns.

Its a great deal.

Hi Reci,

Didn't know there were sites like that. I think i'm still to cheap to pay for coupons when i get em for free....then again i pay for the paper they are in....hmmmmmmmmm.

All your freebies sound interesting...whats the catch?

I love when i hit it on mark down day...the stuff isn't out of date and a great savings!

Hi Carla and Tyndalelady!

Hi Brigie,

In our state(not sure about every state)

all the grocery stores, most of the drug stores have a "store card" that you have to sign up for if you want to take advantage of the sales that are advertised.

No card.....no savings.....so they gotcha.

And because they scan your card each time you shop they know the products you buy/quantity/brand/amount.. So when i was talking about it giving me the creeps is because they know way too much about your personal habits. And they take away your choice in the matter...if you don't have a card you can't take advantage of the good sales.

And the chip thing is in reference to bible prophecy. Where you are'nt allowed to buy or sell anything unless you except the "mark" in your right hand or forhead.(some people believe this to be an ID chip)

I'm not saying we are there yet....it just my opinion that things are pointing to the possibility.

------------------

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 15, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 15, 2002).]

This has been an interesting post. I use coupons occasionally , but they are rarely available for the things I buy; if they gave more coupons for eco-friendly products, organic fruit and veg and ethically traded goods I would be £££ in, but they don't! It would also encourage more people to use these things. We have Loyalty Cards in our supermarkets; For every so many ££ you spend, you earn points, which then can be converted to a cash discount on your shopping. The best thing to do is to save them up for christmas, but I don't always manage that. They do know a huge amount of information on you throught these cards, which i don't like, and am going to stop using them. If you don't use them, it just means you don't tot up the discount. I am trying to reduce the amount of shopping I do in the supermarkets anyway, and support local producers etc. There is a big debate about the power of the supermarkets over the public and farmers going on over here at the moment which is good. After 6.30pm every evening one of our supermarkets reduces all its baked goods to ridiculously low prices, and if I am around then, I stock up on what I can, especially as the stove is still off. It also helps to fill up the freezer to help it run more efficiently. Don't start me on the ID chip thing else I'll be here for days!

• 2 weeks later...