MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sad Question...

I'm sorry, Goosie...

Sounds like you're going through a sad time.

I would imagine a call to any good funeral home would give you the details. I think most states have money set aside for burial of those who can't afford it.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Goose Liver}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will look into them.

Yes, Cat, it's a really sad time. I knew this would come some day, and it would be really, really hard with all the unresolved issues......... I know it's never easy for anyone though.

Good morning, Goosie, I'm so sorry about what you are going through.

I'm sure by now you have gotten things taken care of. I am sure your undertaker could let you know how to do what needs to be done and where you can get the help you need. If not yet, go to your court house and to the Social Services Department, I'm sure someone there can let you know what to do.

(((((Goosie)))))

Folks.....to paraphrase Mark Twain, 'Reports of my fathers' death have been greatly exaggerated!"

My dad is now home, with hospice care, his condition IS terminal, but I cannot tell you how much better he is now that he's home from the hospital. I was convinced he wouldn't survive the trip home, but he has survived and he's doing a lot better. (A WHOLE lot better than he was in the hospital!). I'm sorry my first post was misleading, but I just couldn't talk about it, and I really thought I was going to have to make funeral arrangements fairly immediately.

Thanks so much for all your kindness and your prayers. We're going to see him this weekend and I'll have a better idea then of how things are going. Apparently, they do at least have heat (I was worried about this) because the hospice nurse wouldn't have set up his equipment and let him come home without adequate, safe heat.

We will still, eventually, have to figure out what to do for final arrangements, but I'm truly grateful we don't have to do it today.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Huge hugs (((((((((Goose Liver))))))))))!

Hospice is a blessing for sure! Use the time you have left and make it special.

God bless you!