MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh, what a beautiful...

Guest Guest

It's pretty here too. I did find it's a tad windy and cool (41) while walking this morning but the sun is out and everything is so green and pretty after the rain this weekend.

I'm off to work so everyone have a great morning!

All the cattle are standin' like statues,

All the cattle are standin' like statues,

They don't turn their heads as they see me ride by,

But a little brown mav'rick is winkin' her eye.

All this green and beautiful, all I got is MUD! hehe

I gotta wash bedding today, the dogs made it their home sweet home this weekend, so it's all icky.

It's supposed to be 65 today, which should melt off the last remaining pockets of snow.

Made almost 50 tortillas yesterday, cause we're having chalupas tonight for dinner and then I'm going to make cinnamon crisps with the rest. The strawberry breakfast bars with fresh strawberries were very popular. Making a strawberry pie today, that should go over equally well. After I mix up a small batch of strawberries and bananas to freeze for breakfast later this week, that should do it for the strawberries, LOL.

This week's homeschooling theme is Lions. I found some good stuff at the library this weekend that I was able to copy.

Guess that's about it for today. I am putting up the 30 lbs of pork I got on sale, which means re-arranging the entire freezer, but I need to update my inventory, anyway, so it works.

Have a wonderful day!

Where did all these Okies come from? How about something like this?

Sweet home Alabama

Lord I'm coming home to you! OR the ever popular

My home's in Alabama

No matter where I lay my head.....

Mommyof5 has talked so much about her tortillas that I think I will have to fix Mexican food tonight!

We finally got some accumulated rain. A steady drizzle for the better part of 24 hours. The plants need it. So far we've eaten fresh baby green lettuces and a couple strawberries. The corn is about a foot high now so the rain will help.

Have a great day. I finally made it on in the am.

I got my tomato seedlings into the peat pots that they will go in the garden with so now have to keep the grow light on for a couple of extra hours in the evening... 2 more weeks and I can sow seeds in the garden. Does it sound like I am counting days? Well I am.. I can't wait for 70 degree days and some sun.

DH is working on his wood shed again today. Should be in for lunch soon. It is going to get up to 53 today, and more rain.

Guest Guest

Thanks, Lois! That's exactly how I feel about it! One of the ladies even said, "You know, most of us are just Moms, trying to earn a living, too. I'm so glad you came in!"

I felt very good after that...

Well, I can't bring to mind one more line of that song! Yes, it was absolutely beautiful here and hot enough. Seventy in Astoria is hot to us. We've had the doors and windows open since this morning. Although we'll lock em up soon because there was some kind of shooting east of here and they closed the highway to look for the shooter. Sounds like he was in the woods shooting at cars and hit a guy.

One more day gone and only four to go. Yipeee