MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Let's Introduce Ourselves

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

There are so many new people registering that maybe we should all introduce ourselves and they can too. So I'll go first.

My name is Dee and I've been at Mrs. S. since 1999. We are a very close knit group and enjoy sharing idea and visiting with each other.

I'm 57 years old, live on a farm with my husband of almost 38 years....gasp

I'm Lois, 62 years old, married for 46 years to my high school sweetheart, two grown children, 6 grandchildren, and 5 great grandchildren. DH retired 3 years ago, and has never learned how to relax. We garden, and he builds, repairs and is generally busy 7 days a week. (claims I am a slave driver).

I'm Becca Anne, 33 stay at home mom. Married 13 yrs to my DH Lane who is a computer manager currently unemployed. We live in Oregon with our 4 children. We have a daughter Cassie who turned 12 today and 3 sons. Max 9, Jake 6 and Nick 2 1/2. My 2 middle boys and my husband have special needs (Asperger's Syndrome). I homeschool my Daughter. We have 3 cats, who have adapted to living outside just fine. They are spoiled with their own recliner in the garage LOL.

I enjoy learning, reading, crochet and quilting - like I have the time right now LOL. I really don't do much besides take care of my family and sometimes I get to come here

Thyra here ... i am 51..live in Northren Michigan ... Married for 27 years to a wonderful man. He is disable now for two years as of june. Have one child a daughter, and three grandchildren three girls and one boy. ... I stay at home and take care of my DH, now. I like to do all kinds of things; enjoy crafts; reading; cooking, baking, gardening, etc.. can't spell much at all. I like to learn. I love nature, and natural things.

I'm Ginger and I live in Northern Michigan. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 20 years, together we have the greatest kids; a son,(20) and a daughter (13). DS is now living on his own, no plans of college *yet*

I'm 43, single (twice divorced), with three grown children. My daughter is 26 and out on her own. My oldest son turned 24 Friday and the youngest son in 19. Both boys are in the Navy. The oldest is a hospitalman in San Diego and will be shipping out to Okinawa in Sept. The other one is currently in Dahlgren, VA and will be transferred to San Diego in July to serve aboard the USS Shiloh as a fire control tech (fire as in missiles not flames).

I currently teach junior high science, but I turned in my resignation last week. I will be moving to Payson, AZ (up on the Mogollon Rim) with my mom this summer. We are looking for 40 acres in the Snowflake area (White Mountains). I grew up a farm girl, but as a teenager was moved (unwillingly!) to Phoenix. I've been trying to escape ever since. I have a house that I bought inexpensively and am remodeling for re-sale so I can get out of debt.

As for critters, currently I have a beagle mix, a yellow lab, a border collie, and two cats. I am also keeping my oldest son's chihuahua and cat, and my youngest son's shepherd mix. I also have a king snake and a tarantula at school.

I enjoy quilting, sewing, gardening, raising animals, writing, reading, carpentry, photography, cooking and preserving, hiking, shooting, and many other homestead type activities. I just acquired a spinning wheel and plan to have angora goats for fiber. I would also like to learn to weld. Our homestead plans include being self-sufficient and off the grid ASAP.

When my children were younger, we home schooled. The older ones got their GEDs and went to college where they did quite well. The youngest wanted to go to high school for NJROTC. He entered a year early and did well, then went to college for a year before joining the Navy. He and his brother are top of their classes in training. (Yes, I am a proud mom!)

Guest Guest

Goatherder,

I sent you a private mail..not sure if it goes here or to your personal email... to a place in snowflake for sale.

wes

Oh...I bet you need my introduction....

well, hummmmmmm, let me think... Oh I know...

I am ....

Guest Guest

ummmmm waiting huh?

well...(smashed a mosquito on my desk whilst I was thinking..bigin' too!)

I am 21 and that is the Lie I'm sticking to!

Guest Guest

PLEASE FORGIVE WESTIE, SHE TENDS TO BE VERY SHY, sooooooooooooooooooo...being the great facilitator that *I* am, I'll give her bio for her...

*darlene curtsies*

ROFL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

And every now & then I like to throw the leftover "virtual food" that we provide here at Mrs S.

'Specially soggy creampuffs...

and pies...

CREAM pies...

ezpi_wink1.gif

(but never cheesecakes!!!!) angel2.gif

Guest Guest

I'm Hillbillee from Northern Lower Michigan. I live on a small homestead I own, (I pretend I own, the bank doesn't let me forget it is not yet mine. LOL)

I am disabled and found a way to work, but have to work too many hours with my partner, husband and best friend in order to make ends meet and catch up on everything that was neglected because we were struggling to survive.

We hope within a month to have hot water in our home for the first time in 6 very long years. And trash service too!

Hubby and I are pastors without a church or congregation, we prefer it that way, which leaves us the freedom to go and do without anything stopping us.

Hubby is going to be 49 this year and I will be 48. There are 10 days in every year that we are the same age. I tease him about that.

We are raising a 15-year-old daughter that has some mental problems, she will finally be evaluated next week and we hope they find what the problem is.

For animals, we are mostly into birds right now. We have some geese, mostly gray, but we do have 2 white ones and hopefully the babies we bought will be white. We also have 5 hatchlings and 5 geese sitting on eggs.

We have about 130 chickens, 115 of them being just under 2 weeks old. We will put the roosters in our freezer and the freezer of a friends that is raising them with us and keep the hens for eggs.

We also have ducks, about 6 unless some hatch but I think she is mostly sitting on goose eggs.

We also have 3 guineas and 4 baby guineas we bought. One of our guineas is sitting on eggs, but they make lousy mothers, so who knows what she will be able to keep alive after hatching.

We have 3 female rabbits, and are looking for a male, but have been told our females will not breed if not breed in 2 years so we may just buy a couple of males and 4 new females. We are going to buy older breeds and help restore their population, we hope.

We have 4 cats, one with kittens about ready to go to new homes.

We have 4 dogs, female Miniature Austrailan Shepherd that refuses to breed, so there goes our hope of puppies to supply to friends who also have homesteads. Molly Hatchett is 3 years old.

A Black Lab and Airedale mix that is a great tracker naturally and a happy, playful, working personality that cheers you on your worst days. She is all personality and work and play. Abergail MeGuinty is 1 1/2 years old.

A Tibetan Mastive that is a talker and has a huge vocabulary of words she says so clearly that you know exactly what she is saying. She is very smart, friendly and yet protective when she feels she needs to be. Macy Mae is 1 1/2 years old.

A Black Lab puppy that is my guardian and protector, when I am not his. LOL He is showing great potential of becoming our farm dog that will assist Macy Mae in protecting everything here. Chopstix is now 8 months old.

We dream of having a couple of cows, one for milk and one for the freezer, but we are not ready for that yet. We also want to raise other larger animals in a goal to become more self-sufficient. But these things will take time and a few life style changes, also job changes to get there.

I hope to start tech school soon to become a computer tech. It is a starting point, I want to go into building and repair and go from there to become a web page design.

We hope God will bless us with a couple of children and I know I will need to continue working to make ends meet, so I hope by than to have a way that I can earn a good living from home. Maybe enough so that hubby only has to work part time or with me so he has more time to do the homestead stuff we want to do here.

I have many hobbies and interests, but never enough time to do them, especially right now. Our main goal is our garden; we grow enough to feed several families from it. So right now, when we are not working, we are working on our garden.

• 2 weeks later...

I just introduced myself on the 'Sunporch' above before I started reading the thread down here. First, let me say that you all sound a LOT more interesting than me. Im fascinated at the diversity of this group and I look forward to getting to know you (as I said earlier)

I am from Texas. 51 yrs old with 3 grown kids and 3 grandkids. Ive been married 25yrs to my best friend. We have a small business together. I enjoy reading, flea markets, cooking, gardening and traveling, the latter of which I have been fortunate to have done a lot of lately. I am a Christian, my faith is very important to me. I teach Sunday school and enjoy being active in my church. I love making new friends and thats one reason this forum stood out to me. I look forward to a lot of good reading here. That all being said, I'm off now to peruse the rest of the forum! Sincerely, GG Proud to be

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am Dawn. I am 33 I live in Central Illinois. I have been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost 15 years. Our anniversary is Sept.2. We have 3 children. Kayla and Charles will be 14 in 3 weeks. And Josephine is 6. We live on a small 10 acre place. We have a pond that's stocked with bass and bluegill. We love to raise chickens , rabbits and milk goats (presently without goat) our last 4 babies were killed by the neighbors dog over Memorial Day weekend. We have 2 touloose (sp) geese, 2 peking ducks and two mallard ducks. We have 12 rabbits 1 great pyrnees named Sampson, and a boxer named Cooper Blossom. We have 3 baby kittens and 6 big ones. We love to garden. We are wanna be homesteaders. And want off the grid! On our way there with no heat but wood heat. We don't even own a propane tank! We used to homeschool, and would love to again someday. We are Christians who attend a Baptist church. We have taught Sunday School and VBS. I am so thrilled to be here. I feel a lot of kindred spirits here. I was an Administrative Assistant for Transport Service Company. But quit over a month ago to become once again a SAHM. If anyone has any ideas for a work from home opportunity feel free to send me a private message. Thanks for having me...

Guest Guest

Hi all, I'm Diane in Michigan. My DH and I have been wed for 30 years. We have 2 liveing children, DD is 26 liveing in CO and DS lives south of us some 30 miles and is going to culinary school. He made an orange and bluebarry cake this past weekend with cream cheese frosting this weekend that was to die for. Most weekends we are north at our cabin on a lake. Also own a small farm that we mostly us for hunting. The farm also has a small pond on it. I put up some duck houses by it this winter and last I saw had one box ocupied. Haven't been back to see how many babes she had. Must do that this weekend. I have 2 dogs ( beagle and Black mutt) also 2 cats. All are at least 14 years old. Plus fish in the aquarium next to me. They are begging to be fed. Di

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am Joan, I live in Washington State with my husband and 2 dogs and a cat. We live in the the city but have a large garden plot in the back. Hubby is the garden guy and I am the cooker gal here so it works out well for us. My 2 sons are grown, with one in college and one actually having a real job, .

I love the outdoors and hike and walk all that I can. My 2 big dogs go with me all the time. I really enjoy Washinton State with all of it's natural beauty. There is so much diversity of land here that it will take me years and years to see it all.

I do have a day job, I work in the public library as the computer fixer/ computer lab manager and I head up the reference service as well. I have to laugh because I still do all of that and only work part time.

I love the community here with it's caring people. MrS has given me an online home inwhich to share my life with others.

Joan

jnes.jpg

Snickers