MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Peach Pie Recipe

Ok once again I need help. I have some peaches that I canned last year in a medium syrup. I want to make a peach pie using these. Does anyone have a recipe they could share with me? Something with just the simple basic ingredients? Like peaches flour cinnamon,sugar, etc. I don't have any lemon peel. I want to make this for my sisters family when they come over on Sunday. So once again... I am begging.....

YOu might also want to try a cobbler-I have used canned peaches in this recipe, and it turns out wonderfully, and I think I got it here. That way if you don't have all the stuff for the pie you have an alternative:

Cobbler for a Lazy Day

1 stick margarine

1 cup sugar

1 cup self rising flour

3/4 cup milk

1 cup unsweetened cherries or any fruit, undrained

1/2 cup sugar

Place butter in deep dish then place in oven to melt. Beat together 1 cup sugar, flour and milk to a smooth batter; pour over melted butter, but DO NOT STIR. Pour undrained cherries over batter. Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar on top. Bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes. Batter will rise to the top.

When doing peach, I omit the sugar sprinkled on top, but do add a bit of cinnamon and splash of lemon juice if I have it.

If all you have is all purpose flour, you can add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt per cup of a-p flour.

Mommy of 5