MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Patches the Cat...

This morning we found our cat on the road as I was taking my girls to school. She had been hit and died sometime in the night. She was our oldest cat.. She was wild when we found her in a brush pile on a country road, we brought her home and tamed her, she loved everyone. I know my dd is very upset by this.. She claimed her as hers and everytime I talked about getting rid of the cats she would say No one's taking my cat anywhere. It's gonna be hard to replace her. Too bad it was a good day for her as it was her first day of high school.. So her day has been kinda bittersweet.. I guess we will wait until Mike gets home and bury her proper like.

How ironic, we hit and killed a cat on our way home from town last night. It ran right out on the highway at 100 mph and there was no way to stop. It's close to a friends house who's on vacation. I so hope it's not hers as she has 3 or 4 of them. My DD and DS both love their cats to distraction. I know how they'd be if something like that happened.

I'm so sorry about your cat.

We live on a horrible street for pets being hit. We're on a hill and cars go too fast so you don't know they are coming until they are right there. Bobbi used to cross the street a lot (she also knows how to stay away from raccoons) but now she is content to stay in our yard or our next door neighbors. She wouldn't even go outside while they did the roofing next door the past two days.

Hope your dd is able to deal with this loss.

Unfortunately the only thing that makes up for losing a cat is getting a *kitten*.

Meaning it's awfully hard losing a favorite cat, but so easy to fall in love all over again with a sweet, loving little bundle of fur.

Bittersweet, yes, and always difficult.

to your DD