MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It' time......

Guest Guest

I had bloodwork done on the 26th and evidently decided I could ignore calories after that. Well, it's time to get back to work on watching my calories and blood sugar. I have worked too hard and walked too many miles in the last 6 mos. to lose that 27 pounds and I refuse to gain it back! Anyone else ready to start?

Here's my strategy! wink.gif I'm going to keep walking 2 miles every morning and then go see my aunt. I got the 2 qt. pitcher out and have it filled with water. When I get home from Humboldt I'm planning on hitting the water and see if I can get back into my routine. Of course, I'll be in the bathroom all afternoon and evening for the first couple of weeks but then my body will be used to it and that won't be a problem.

I would like to say we could weigh each week and report in but I don't have a scale so only weigh every three months when I go to the Dr. but if that works better for everyone else....go for it! Whatever works is what we want!!!

Ok troops, it's time, who's next?

------------------

dee.jpg

Wow....look at the long line of joiners.....hey.....we're it?

WEll i already gave up caffine and chocolate (cuz i'm havin a mamo....they say it's a good idea)....so i'm starting slowly.....

I'm draggin behind you Dee.....not ready to commit 100% yet...but starting on the right path......

You go Girl!!!!!!

I guess if we realize the hot sticky weather is around the corner....that will help alittle!

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Oh man!! You had to go and mention that hot sticky weather! shocked.gif

I am very sensitive to temperature due to my thyroid. Last summer (when I was behaving myself diet-wise) was the first summer I remember enjoying EVER......I definitely have to get back on the wagon!

------------------

gl.jpg

Hey y'all,

I think I'll join in too! I don't like to walk but know that I need to because of aches in the joints. My little doggie and I walked one mile yesterday... gonna start gently so I won't get too sore! blush.gif I need to lose about 30 pounds and I am determined this time!

Love,

------------------

scmary.jpg

I need to lose some weight, too....at least 30 pounds. I was faithfully drinking lots of water everyday and walking on my treadmill - and then the holidays came along. Well, the holidays are over, so tomorrow morning I'm going back to those good habits I had. DD gave me 'talking' pedometer for Christmas. Too bad I can't program it to scold me when I need it wink.gif

I had a vision...of me in a size 12! That would be so great for me, so I'm going to try and go for it! Tomorrow I'll start on our airwalker! 12 size, here we come!!!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Brigid - the pedometer is sort of neat. It has an alarm clock, plays music, talks, and keeps track of the number of feet you walk. I'm sure it does other things, too, but I'd have to read the directions to find out. So far, all I've done is push buttons and listen to it.

Happygirl, I can't even see me a size 12 in a vision! Go girl! You can do it!!

Hey, glad to see you all showing up. Mary, I want one of those pedometer things too. It plays music as well as keeps track of how far you've walked...how cool!!!

I'm like Mary, Happygirl, I can't imagine myself being a size 12 but wouldn't it be fun...we'll try to help you make it!

SC Mary glad you're joining in. A mile is great, keep it up. I started with a 1/2 mile last summer and have gotten to 2 miles a day but don't care about getting anymore than that. That's not true as I'd like to do more but don't think I could make myself do it on a bet! grin.gif

Debbielee 100% isn't necessary until you're ready. Any little bit helps.

Goosey isn't that the truth about how much better you feel when you eat right. I've been worthless the last few days and I know it's because I haven't been following my diet. Mine is diabetes not thyroid but the same idea when it's diet oriented.

Brigid, you walked 10 miles today??? You are too good!

I probably have a little over one glass of water left for today and believe me I'm about to float away. I'll get used to it though, I will, I will, I will!

Keep it up everyone and let's keep posting and encouraging each other!

------------------

dee.jpg

Dee, it was so good to see you post! Water is a good thing we all need to remember to drink more of! Congradulations to all those who are getting geared up for the long haul. I know what you mean and I really want to start walking again. Even though it's cold it really isn't that bad. I'd rather walk in the cold than the heat anyday right Gooseliver? SCMary you are right about walking to help the joints out it has mine big time! Mary a pedometer would be nice too! smile.gif Brigid that was a good walk! Happygirl a size 12 is a great thought and will be accomplished in due time! I'll take a 14 too! smile.gif My goal is to get healthy and weight is a big factor in so many diseases! I was so angry at myself when I had to start taking blood pressure medication! I know when the weight comes off the bloodpressure goes down. I'm going to make an appointment for the Dr. next month and discuss it! By then I know I should be down enough to convince him! A friend of mine said she saw on GoodMorning America that diaretics were just as good as bloodpressure medication with more than 1/2 the cost. I guess it's a simple water pill and I wanted to talk to my Dr. about that too! I do know people like my father whom never had a weight problem but did have high blood pressure though. When I thought about the way I abused my body over the years I got so angry, with myself. I decided to quite beating myself up over it, take some serious action and that is why I started in the program I'm in today! My aunt is diabetic and her dr. told her if she would just loose the weight she would be ok. The list goes on what weight will do as far as medical goes! Good Luck everyone you know I'm in for the long haul too! smile.gif

Love Ya,

------------------

suzzee3.jpg

Wow, I am so proud of all of you for posting.

Dee, it is hard isn't it and when you have things wrong, it is sometimes harder.

SCMary, it is sooooo good to see you posting again. smile.gif Sure have missed you.

I just have to get back to walking again.

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmom.jpg