MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thank God Its Friday morning

Hey everyone.. Here are some orange cranberry muffins, blueberry lemon muffins, and of course chocolate-chocolate chip muffins... hope it helps you start your day off right.

Well I have a short day today and then I get to pick up my nieces and nephew for our Christmas shopping weekend. I'm excited. So are they. We have been emailing back and forth all week. They live about 100 miles away, so we don't see each other often.

Well I'm on my way to work, so I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed day.

Spider what a fun time you have planned with the "kids".. You sound like a pretty cool Aunt!

Last day of the work week for me! Yeah! What's everyone got planned for this weekend? Probably another wood cutting weekend here..

Wow Unike, girl you need a bubble bath and a good book.. So what if the house doesn't get picked up today? Take a break.. Go lay down on the couch before dh does and just take a nap.. This is the day we get that wonderful 2 day paycheck! It's gonna really stink for a week around here with no money. But next week we will be ok again.. It's just gonna take a couple of weeks to catch things back up now.. Taxes are due.. I hope we can get them paid before too long. Oh well.. What's that saying Que Sara Sara?

We had an unexpected fun day. DS took the day off of work since one of his best friends was visiting. His buddy had just got back from a tour in Korea and was happy to be back home. They both brought their 2 year old girls over and the girls just laughed and played all day. They had a ball petting our goat, dog, cats, pony and chickens. I fed them up with healthy snacks too. My son and this boy have been best buds since 3rd grade so it was kind of cute to see them changing their girls diapers together. What a change from the way they were when the were younger! LOL

DH and I have been spending all our spare time finishing our basement. We built the house about 5 years ago but we hadn't done much on the basement except to sheetrock the walls. Now we almost have the ceiling done. I am trying to decide whether to put in a vinyl tile floor or carpet. It doesn't ever get wet down there so we could put either one down. Even the remnants we looked at the other day were kind of expensive.

I'm fixing to go bake some cookies. The whole bunch (all 3 girls) are coming to spend the day tomorrow. I need to be prepared.

It's too bad everyone here seems to be getting short checks this week. I hate those long stretches of running low on money!

Have a great tomorrow.