MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Survival after the end of the world.

Nelda

It's the end of the world...

There's a guy sitting on top of a mountain, looking out at all around him, and it's nothing but black wastelands as far as the eye can see.

He's thinking "great, everyone's gone, and I'm left all alone"

Suddenly, he feels a tap on his shoulder, turns and sees another guy standing near him. The guy whispers "hey"

"hey, you the last one" he whispers in reply.

"yeah, I guess we're the last two men on earth" says the new guy.

the first guy says "THEN WHY ARE WE WHISPERIN?!!"

Enjoy...

Dad

It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me...it's the one marked "to whom it may concern...."

Yeah, Turkey day went fine. I was out for Elk, and the kids brought some bug home & got Mom sick, and they all got it, then I got home, and I picked it up. But everyone's well, and getting geared up for Santa's return (I gotta get that [censored] motheaten red suit out again...sheesh).

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was full of family and happiness, though I know those two terms are often mutually exclusive.

Dad

No, I didn't. We saw 70+ head, only a few bulls, and nothing legal. Got in right close and personal with a lead cow that was at least 900-1000# on the hoof. She was big enough that I chased them through the brush just to get a real good look at them to be sure she wasn't a legal (3point or better) bull. She was a beauty, though. If I had a cow tag, I'd be looking to buy another freezer right now, cause I wouldn't have had the room.

Great trip, though. Saw a lot more sign and animals than we've seen in the past 5 years combined (went to new area, closer to motherearth's stompin' grounds).

Where we'd been hunting has gotten so grown up with underbrush since they stopped logging and thinning that it's just not possible to hunt effectively anymore. We'd been going there mostly because we know the area better than we know our own names. This new area looked promising, and I plan on putting in for a cow tag next year & hunting it again. (where we'd been hunting, there haven't been cow tags issued in allmost 10 years).

Right out on the coast, if you get far enough into the big timber, you can hear the sea-lions barking. I loved it. You don't have to take an animal to have a good hunt, it certainly HELPS, but... I could have taken several fine looking deer, too, but they weren't in season. One doe I could have taken with a framing hammer, she passed literally within arm's reach of me.

Dad