MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy February !!!!!!!!

Synn

Well now spring is in sight.. I'll be glad for it this year.. I admit I am a little blue due to cabin fever.. I leave the house everyday but I only go to work.. I really just want to be outside in the warm day with my barefeet in the garden.. I have several things that have been on my mind lately.. The biggest challenge I am up against is I am thinking of Homeschooling my first grader.. At least once a week I get a paper with a big F on it telling me something like If She would have listened.. I told her several times it was this or I think Jo doesn't listen when I tell her things.. Yesterday I get this note that says Jo touched so and so in the privates.. After I picked myself off the floor I got mad.. I mean come on.. Jo said it was an accident.. We don't go around home touching each other in those places so you tell me where she learned that from? She's a first grader but already in LD classes.. I just feel I could do better with her with an hour of one on one than what they have her for 7 hours a day doing. Ok off that soap box..

How has everyone been? I see that you all must be extremely busy.. Hardly anyone has posted in the Daily Diary all weekend!

We have snow on the ground here in Illinois! It's pretty but I still don't like to drive in it.. We have a layer of sleet underneath it..

Well I am going to go.. I have the day off today and I want to research some more homeschooling ideas! Talk to you later.

Dawn

Morning everyone. We are having a heat wave up here in the north... 26 this morning... some snow still on the ground, but not much and none on the roads.

Buttercup, I wish you the best with this situation. I have several friends who have homeschooled and they loved it. Good luck.

Hope everyone else has a wonderful day.

Good morning and happy February:

I love this month because it's my youngest son's birthday (32!!!my baby!) and Valentine's Day and time to plant sweet peas.

For once I get to rejoice in our weather. Our high will be 58 today (45 right now) and the sun is out and the sky is blue. It feels so good to have sunshine.

Buttercup: I'm sorry to hear what your daughter is going through in first grade. Good grief - that's supposed to be a good year. Isn't that what first grade is about - teaching the children to listen?! What's up with the public school system and grand negative pronouncements. Do you have resources for home schooling? I know in some places home schoolers get together and one of the things they can do is exchange curriculum.

Jan

Archived