MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Are you or someone

Are you or someone in your family named for an ancestor? Did you name a child for someone in the family?

We kept the initials going in our family. # one son has the same as his dad and grandfathers.

# two son has the middle name of 'Lee', which is a family name and was the middle name of my brother. His first name is almost the same as my dad's middle name was, just added a letter to the front of it. smile.gif

Our DD has a name all her own. I picked it out and Old Pine agreed with it. smile.gifwink.gif

Oh, our # two grandson has the initials of his father and grandfather and greatgrandfather too. smile.gif Our # three grandson has the 'Lee' name as the middle name too. smile.gif And # 4 grandson has two letters in front of the 'Lee' as his middle name. smile.gif

There are many other members of the family, my nieces and nephews, who have the 'Lee' name, as well as some of the other family names.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

[This message has been edited by Snowmom (edited December 06, 2002).]

The intention was to name me after my great-grandmother(Anne) and my dad's only sister(Jocelyn-called Joy). So my name was supposed to be Joy-Anne. But then my mom said, why not "Joanna", it's in the Bible. So that's what I was named. My middle name is also my mother's middle name. My mother was named after her mother. My sister (Stephenie) was named after my father (Stephen), my brother's middle names are the names of my grandfathers and several great-etc-grandfathers. Dh says our children will have middle names from the family, but first names of their own. Which is too bad, because I wanted to name a daughter after his mother. I love her name.

------------------

335%3B655923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D94%3C%3D%3C3%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323355%3B58296ot1lsi

[This message has been edited by Jo (edited December 05, 2002).]

When Rachel Lynn was born her dad wanted to name her after my great grandma.... i pitched a fit! hump , he was nuts! I love grandma with all my heart, but NO DAUGHTER OF MINE, was being named Elzora Mae!

WE settled on naming her after great grandma's sister Rachel and that made everone happy.

Of course Beb, you can call me 'Mom'. smile.gif Let me see now, how old are you? smile.gif

I do understand your reason, Twila. smile.gif

Jo, Joanna is a very pretty name. smile.gif

I think it is so nice to have family names that carry on and on.

My dad was named after his Grandfather and an uncle. His first name was William.

One of my sisters is named after an aunt of my dad's and another sister was named for another aunt of his. One of my nieces is named for my sister who was named after the one aunt of our dads. Now, did I get you all confused?

Oh, I forgot to mention, our # 1 sons middle name is the middle name of one of my grandfathers.

Old Pine, his 1/2 brother and his dad all have/had the same middle name.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

• 4 weeks later...

HappyGirl blushes...first time in here...I think!

My middle name is Elizabeth. My Mom is adopted (her mother died when she was six weks old), but her biological Mom's middle name was Elizabeth and so is my Mom's. Guess what my DD's middle name is? Elizabeth!

My DH has a longer tradition than that. Back when his family (generations ago) was in Germany, they started naming their sons Johann (sp?). It has come down to him. His Grandfather's name was Richard John, his Dad's name John Richard and now my DH's middle name is John. If the Lord ever blesses us with a son, his middle name will be John. Mmmm, maybe some day!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

My two sisters and brother are all named after family members. I'm not. But then I'm different from them in every other way as well. My two children are not named after family members, but have their own - Bethany Rose and Ethan Joseph just becasue we liked them, which is a good reason!

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Hi I don't usually post here either... but it got my interest .... both my children are named after someone in our family, both names. Katie (her great aunt) Norah (my mom)

Dean (my grandfather) Edward (my other grandfather) All us kids were name after saints... big catholic family and saints we are not......lol...

------------------

brigid.gif

My DD's middle name is Leanne, I added the Le to my middle name, but really I just liked the way it sounded. Nicholas's middle name of Ethan was my grandfather's middle name, and my great grandfather's first name. Other than that I just picked names for my kids that I liked.

Interesting when you go looking up your ancestors. My Aunt is named Mary Jane, and we didn't know this until last year when I began our research that my great grandfather's sister was also named Mary Jane! My mom's middle name is Ruth after her dad's mom, and my brother is named Jonathan, after my great grandfather John. The name John goes back generation after generation back to the 1600's on my mom's side.

------------------

becca.jpg

My grandfather was called Lee. My sister's middle name is Lee and we have a male cousin named Lee. It was interesting to get my Grandfather's birth cert. becaused we always thought his first name was Lee and middle name Ander or Andrew. It turns out his name was Leander and it was a family name passed down from a great or GG Uncle. Every couple of generations or so we have a Leander going back a few hundred years.

My middle name is Ann and I have an aunt named Ann. It turns out my G Grandmother, who died when Grandpa was a baby was Polly Ann.

------------------

gl.jpg

These are all so interesting, thanks for posting and letting us all know about your family names. smile.gif

The 'Lee' is also the last name of my gr-grandmother, gggrandfather etc. smile.gif

We are looking for the connection to Robert E. Lee, as it has been said that we are related to him. smile.gif

------------------

snowmom.jpg