MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Too much life

Momo

I have had an exceptionally busy and trying past few weeks. I haven't had time to even check in here enough. (Fortunately none of it entailed DH's health problems) My computer even went on the fritz which would taker a long story to explain.  Suffice it to say that HP warranties are useless to me. 

On the sad side my best friend's husband had a heart attack while they were driving and they ran into their own house.  He died instantly and she was darn lucky that she was only lightly injured. She is truly alone now since they had no children together.  Since she is wealthy, his children by another woman are trying to get into HER money and have caused her extra stress at this hard time.

Several important things have broken around here.  We built this place about 20 years ago and it seems that is the life expectancy of every appliance and system. Unfortunately there is no money for all these things. I am pretty stressed myself right now. 

Another good friend had breast cancer surgery 2 weeks ago.  She is in her late 40's and all the news has been bad.  It is in her nodes and her options are not good. She has very little family support since they are so wrapped up in themselves,  Her hubby has used this excuse to back away from her when she needs him the most. I am so sad for her but all I can do is support her.

Life can be so tough for so many...

Yikes, Momo!  Those are some tough issues.  What a catastrophe for your friend and her husband's heart attack.  And your friend with cancer too.  Doesn't it seem like C is popping up all over?  :pray:

As for 20 years and everything in the house goes ka-put....my parents experienced that a few years ago: new furnace, stove, dishwasher, etc.  Our small appliances are going lately cuz they're nearly 20 yrs too.  OTOH....I'm still using a small desktop fan that our dd2 had while in high school.  It's been taken apart to clean/oil but it's still working.  It IS hard when everything is the same age and thus, goes out all at once!

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

I have experienced the appliance issues too.  Mine did not survive as long as yours did, but I had to live for 6 months last year without a refrigerator.  I dumped $700 trying to fix it and finally gave up.  I didn't have the money to replace it and then my stove went on the blitz and that put me over the edge.  Thankfully, the stove issue was a bad outlet and when my parents found out about the fridge, they purchased one for me.

Humbling times are always difficult to bare.  I'll be praying for you.