MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Fifth of July!

Mare

I guess I'm still in a celebratory mood over here......

I should be.... my vacation starts in three days, yes count them ladies and gents THUH-REE. We're going to St. Louis. I have a board meeting for the ministry while we're there, but we're going to be staying with friends and the Dads are taking the kiddoes to the zoo and it will be such a good time.

Today though...... for me it's a get ready to pack day. Washing clothes and getting everything ready for 5 of us to go. I have some laundry and some shopping to do but mostly getting our things all ready and accounted for.

What's your Tuesday shaping up to be??

Well dh's boss took me over to get my car(his brother is the one who has it at his tow lot), there is no love lost between these two brothers whatsoever, and glares of death were being exchanged across the room... the idiot charged me $280 to get my car....dh is now gone to court, they will decide today if they even need to set a hearing date, if it even warrants the DUI hearing, they did not revoke or suspend dh's license and he was not given a breathalyzer test. so they really don't have much evidence to go by... but we shall know here in a few minutes.. I have already contacted 2 attorneys to get advice from,,, this Towing company and the city police department are in cahoots with each other. they did several people like this over the weekend...

WE will know in the next hour or so how far we will have to go with this, just hoping that things are finally calming down so that we can start rebuilding our lives..as long as I have my car I can deal with the rest.. I just can't be worried about having to find a way to and from work every single day......

So that was my weekend, I HOPE EVERYONE ELSE HAD A WONDERFUL 4TH,,, HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK

Have a great vacation Gardnmom I am really upset since I will be on a 3 week trip during that time and DH will have to deal with the delivery and take time off work now. I am never buying furniture from Ashley Home Furnishings again! It wouldn't have been such a big deal if they had bothered to call me and let me know. Really poor management! We gave our couch away June 19th so by the time this comes it will be a month without one and it is really uncomfortable trying to watch t.v. on a kitchen chair!

Today I am just catching up on laundry and hoping I can get some papers filed that I've been ignoring.

Good afternoon,

We are getting DH packed up for his trip and getting all set. Went to the bank and then decided to stop in at restaurant for a cup of coffee. This used to be a tavern but they revitalized a hotel across the street and then this tavern into a restaurant/coffee place. Well, when we got in everything looked real nice but the guy after about 3 minutes sticks his head out of the kitchen and tells us he will seat us in a few minutes. I wish we'd left then. All told it was overpriced and horrible coffee. Bleah!

I'm putting a pork loin roast in the oven as soon as I finish up here. DH can have potato salad with that and I'll have another one that is a curried rice/pea salad.

gardnmom: It's always fun knowing vacation time is coming.

unikemom: Glad things are working out.

Becca Anne: How annoying to expect new furniture and have them mess up on the delivery. DS#1 and DIL have only two of those butterfly type chairs which you have to be a contortionist to get out of so when we visit (are they sending a message!) we have to stand or sit on the coffee table. I hope they come through for you on the 17th.

Archived