MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Thursday!

Mare

Hope everyone is having a wonderful, productive day. I'm counting down the hours now til vacation. We leave in the morning at daylight. We are headed to St. Louis and our first stop will be Merimac Caverns then the Arch and museum. Then we are headed to the Daniel Boone house. After our stay in St. Louis we are headed to Metropolis, Illinois!

Then we'll head home Monday. Have a great weekend!

WELL here in East Tennessee we are all going around wearing water waders right now,, has poured all night long with the remains of TS Cindy,,, now awaiting for Hurricane Dennis to come in, expecting some really rough weather to come from that too!!!

Hey, do ya'll remember the MOVIE "OIL STORM", how a hurricane came in through Port Fuchon (sp)? Louisiana? Well looks like Dennis could be a Category 3 or 4 and is going to be doing some damage to Louisiana....and now with these storms running the OIl prices up to $61.00 a barrel, and now I guess we need to include the terrorist attack in London last night...just seems as if maybe the OIL CRISIS may be coming into play for real...

Had to work from 5-11 last night, just had to straighten the department up and do my claims and returns,, didn't have any freight to put up...or trucks to unload so a pretty quiet night all in all.. Have to go into night 5-11 and then will be off Monday and Tuesday when all this bad weather is coming in....

Got all my

Yesterday I had an exciting day. I went to a pottery

class, they call it a throwing class. I made five

pots. It is very hard, and very messy. There are so

meny steps to remember. I can't wait until next week!

I am still doing laundry from vacation. I can't seem

to get caught up.

We bought a pool, it looks like one of those witches

cauldrons. At least it's someplace the kids can go to

get cool and get some of their energy out.

Last night I saw DH off on his trip.

Just before he left we discovered our cat has an absess on her chin from a fight she was in last weekend. She has been moping around and now it's visible so I have to find a vet to see her this morning. This means I won't be going to visit Mom and my sister this weekend. Mom will be disappointed. I'll call her when I get things squared away.

Gardnmom: Your vacation sounds great.

Unike: Glad you had an easier work night. Your kids are gems.

Slgrubbs: Oh, I'd love to take pottery. Keep telling us how the classes go. Are you taking them from a potter of community college?

Jan

Wow, I'm feeling lazy. It's 10:44 here and I got up about 15 minutes ago. I went to bed around 11, but had to get up at 1 am and my alarm is MIA so I woke up every 15 minutes or so worried I would over sleep. My friend Jackie had called me about 7 pm asking if I wanted to go to SeaTac with her to pick up her daughters who (finally) got back from Texas. They got off the plane about 2:30 am , and we made it back home around 4. One and a half hour drive that early in the morning, no wonder Jackie didn't want to make the drive by herself! And I got back before DH had to go to work.

Today I need to find more quarters to wash the laundry, I'm so glad there's a laundry room next door to out place.

I also have to catch up on the kitchen, (like that's actually possible, but I still try, lol)

Then hopefully I can enjoy some of the day with the kids, it's nice and sunny already.

Hope everyone has a great day, blessed be.

I sure hope everyone has a great weekend.

Dh had more blood-work done yesterday and apparently everything is fine as Dr. said he would call before 4:30 if there were any changes to be made. So all looks good now.

DS is coming over to visit later today, his father is looking forward to that.

He can't do anything yet, must keep that leg elevated.

Have a good one......

Archived