MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

crockpot cookbook

Guest Guest

I found a great crockpot cookbook called Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook...It has over 800 recipes and i have tried quite a few...they even have a recipe for the best hotfudge cake...and it is so easy to make....peg

------------------

edandpeg.gif

Yup... got that one myself! Lots of the recipes are similar, but that just shows you that you can vary things if you don't have ALL the ingredients.

Great cookbook, and they had it at Sam's Club.

------------------

cat.jpg

sorry for the delay...here is the recipe submitted to the book by a Maricarol Magill...Peg

Hot Fudge Cake

1 cup packed brown sugar 1cup flour

3Tbsp unsweetened cocoa 2tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup milk 2Tbsp melted butter

1/2 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

3/4 cup boiling water

1. Mix together 1 c brown sugar,flour,3Tbsp cocoa, baking powder, and salt

2. Add milk, butter,and vanilla. Spread in bottom of crockpot

3. Mix together remaining brown sugar, and cocoa. Sprinkle over mixture in crockpot

4. Pour in boiling water. DO NOT STIR

5. Cover and cook on High 2-3 hours, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

6. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

My Mother in law just gave me that book! I made a pot roast from a recipe from there this past weekend for my DH. I enjoy reading it and getting great ideas from there. I'm glad you guys like it too! cool.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Wow Peg! It's nice to see you on your own!

I've seen the book at Sam's many times and wondered how it was. I went to get it yesterday and they're all gone at our Sam's. I have faith they'll get more in. Thank you for printing the recipe here.

------------------

Pray for Peace

lcm.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh NOw your talkin Peggie baby!! Hot fudge cake.......slurp....yum......and to top it off...it's almost low fat.....2T's o-butter is'nt much......Thanks.....any more good recipes for us cheap-o's who want em free?

Oh Haaaaapy girl,

Care to post the potroast recipe??????

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

I just got home from my Sam's Club and they just got the first Christmas Shipment of cookbooks in. They have a LOT of the crockpot cookbook now. They also have a lot of other cookbooks and books. My daughter had to pull me out of there... frown.gif

Happy book shopping!

------------------

Pray for Peace

lcm.jpg