MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Dress

Freetobeme

DD and I went shopping again for "the dress". Finally, found it. I knew it was the one when she tried it on and instead of the usual 'This is nice' she had a big smile on her face and said, 'I really like this one! How does the train look?' as she admired herself in the mirror and swished the skirt back and forth to see how it would look for dancing.

It is a beautiful strapless with corsetted back. The skirt is very full with draping (picture a southern belle) and little 'jewel' and 'pearl' decorations at the gather for each draped spot. It has a chapel length train. Some of the decoration is pink (her favorite color) and she is having her shoes dyed pink. We negotiated her tiara into the deal instead of the discount on a veil since my mom is making the veil. Since I am not good at describing dresses if you really want to see it go to this link and it is the 'Capri' design in the lower left.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/catalog/index.php?90

We also bought software so she could do her own invitations and ordered the blank invitations, envelopes, reply cards and their envelopes over the Internet. We put the deposit on the bed and breakfast and I found out that there is a refrigerator for our use and we can use the kitchen for the last minute preps on food !

Well, at least DD is thrilled and that's what I want!

Oh wow, the dress is GORGEOUS!

Listening to your adventure with your daughter's wedding gets me kinda emotional thinking about the day I'll be doing that with both of mine...

What a special and beautiful time in both your lives...may her life and marriage be blessed and filled with many years of happiness.

It is beautiful! It is such a magical moment when *THE* dress is found. My DIL said she knew when she didn't want to take it off and kept twirling in front of the mirror.

Sounds like it will be such a beautiful wedding! Have fun with all of the preps!

Makes me sad that I missed all that planning! DD just borrowed a neighbors dress.. It was very nice just the same..

It's fun to read what you are planning.. I like to imagine it in my mind!

Are you going to send us all a sliver of cake?

Well, a virtual slice of course. I wish you could all be there. I don't have a huge list of folks for the guest list. It's mainly filled by the friends of the bride and groom and the relatives. My mom requested one of her friends be included, which is good because she doesn't know a lot of the people on the list. That doesn't matter to me. I'm happy talking to 'new' people and can hold a conversation with a fence post!

Archived