MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dear Monday

logcabinmama

Gosh!!! you must be freezing!!!! This is my first real week of cold (fall weather). 40's at night and 65 during the day -and I am freezing!!!! But I am always cold..almost looking forward to hot flashes...

I am worrying about Darlene and this hurricane. Has she checked in anywhere lately?

I worked outside my house all week last week and so it is a disaster!!! For some reason this houseful of men I live with are not capable of seeing a dirty sock on the floor and picking it up unless I am here to specifically instruct them to do it!!! :-O Well better stay off this computer if I am going to get anything done today! I would love to get enough done to make bread but it might be tomorrow.

I need a shivering gremlin! I am not using my gas heat till I am desperate! I hope we get a wood burning stove next week. BTW Still looking for information on buying (what kind is best).

Well it's 11 o'clock here and it's still 41...I scrubbed the bathtub, stacked the wood by the fireplace and swept the carpet where the wood had been little bits everywhere!

Did some laundry... Washed some dishes..Drank some tangerine tea, defrosted my freezer, took a bath, and made creamy peanut butter and tomato soup...

Hope everyone else is doing well.. Where's everyone at today?

If anyone hears from Darlene can you let us know ASAP?? Thanks!

Dawn

Good morning everyone! I'm know it's not morning for some of you any more, but I slept late. I didn't intend to.

Today, so far, I have had breakfast and a cup of tea, met my brother-in-law's dog (he came over after a vet appointment...she is really cute! A "terripoo"), and worked on my essay. I really have to get that essay done today, as it is due tomorrow night, and since I'm working tomorrow, I won't be able to fine-tune it then. Other than that, I have to do some vacuuming, call places to change my address, and write to my american friend. We'll see how much of that gets done! The essay is my top priority! I'm really not used to having homework.

~Jo

Hi Pixie! My essay is on one of my favourite topics: "What is your perspective on grammatical standards? Are standards absolute or relative? Are they fixed or changeable? Why?" It's fun writing so far. After I'm done taking a MrsS-break, I have to find some stats on North American Illiteracy, or the failure of the education system.

Peaceful, if you haven't left yet, there's a party in the Sunporch that you may want to pop in to!

~Jo

Ok, whose big idea was it to put carpet on STAIRS??? Since DH likes carpet so much, I told him HE can vacuum!

All right, back to the essay. I have 593 words left to write.

~Jo

Archived