MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday

Roseofsharon

Good morning. This cold weather sure makes me want to crawl back in the bed -but thanks to you ladies and all you do I would not dare -how do you all find the time to do all of the things you do and post about it too. If I am not careful I could sit here for hours reading and not get a thing done! I want to learn to love to cook like you all do and sew and take care of my family and home -I feel called to that -I guess it is about time...

I am rambling but I feel so heavy this morning, went to a funeral (wake)last night. A young man (25) killed himself, his father had done the same 13 years before. He had a beautiful wife who loved him, his mother, (how do you go through something like that twice?) and a brother who he was very close with, found him (the boys were the ones who found the dad) - such tragity -and WHY? I just keep praying for God to comfort them....

I am working again this week. DH is not happy. It is very hard for me to organize working outside the home and tending to my household -I am learning to do a few things - like figure out what I will cook for supper each night ahead of time (make a menu for the week) (I am such a fly by the seat of my pants type gal -why did it take me till almost 40 to realize that was not such a good thing???)

Darleen -I read all the things she is cooking - and during a hurricane aftermath...Hash-browns and cheese omelets??? I would be handing out Pop-tarts! (We don’t usually eat these -so my kids think it is a huge treat) But seriously...I am learning so much from all the posters and the things they do. I want to make my home more efficient -with window treatments and I want to make an apron form the apron posts and I want to start making homemade bread... and can some food... and I am frustrated working all week and not able to get any of it done!!! (I know some of you work and do all this too- and I respect you too)( I am taking my kids with me and we are doing school at the herb shop where I am working) But I am planning and making lists and reading and learning and hopefully next week... BYW- I will make breakfast today -Apple Coffee cake -need to get up from this computer -my biggest time stealer and do it!!

Have a great day and please lift up the mother and son I mentioned eariler- Beverly and Chad. Thanks,

Good mornin' ya'll!

Evergreen- Sorry to hear about the suicide. I will put that family in my prayers. Also, I know what you are saying about juggling your family and work. I'm dealing with that also. Some days I do better than others. I find that if I'm organized things go smoother. This is something I'm really working on.

Good morning everyone. It's 9:11 here for me. Sunny but cold. I woke up hot though, DH had turned on the heat. She asked if DH wanted to go, and I said I don't think he REALLY cares for AC, but he wanted to go because I do, so no, don't get him a ticket, I think he'd be a bit of a fun sucker. (I'm so mean)

Anyway, I ramble..hope everyone has a great day, and stays safe and comfortable.

Blessed be.

This has not been one of my better days. I have a bad rotator cuff (shoulder joint) from an auto accident some years ago. Well, between the overhead work hanging closet door tracks on the weekend and a steady diet of packing files at work (we are moving), it is bothering me. I think I need to put that arm in a sling since that is the only thing that seems to help. To top it off, when I was taking the groceries out of the truck, my bottle of wine fell on the driveway and broke Oh well, can't cry over spilled wine.

I hope everyone else had a better day. I think I'll go to bed early tonight.

It's hard for me to post here, because I can't remember what everyone said. This is my feeble attempt.

Evergreen, from the bottom of my heart, I mourn with you the suicide. I have lost more loved ones to suicide, and it is a very cruel way for someone to end their life. It leaves those left behind with so much guilt, over what they might have done differently. I'm just so sorry...

As far as prepping goes, please remember that some ladies are full time home-makers. I don't have the time to do as many things as I'd like to do because I have a full time job that takes priority of my energy. I too wish I could do more, and at times have felt guilt over what I have not accomplished. We live in the suburbs, and what preps we can do have been done. We are not self sustaining beyond our preps. I've had to make peace with that. I've also made peace with the fact that my time to leave this earth might come with an upcoming emergency. There is nothing I can do about that, and I will not waste energy worrying about it.

Geez, someone else said something I wanted to respond to, but I can't remember. No wonder I dont' post here regularly!

Evergreen, my thoughts are with you and the family you spoke of. Keep up the good work, you'll get there, a day at a time. I work full time outside the home, too. Some days, I get more done than other days.

WiccadStargazer, hope you get your autos figured out. Enjoy your concert.

Pixie, moving is hard work, isn't it!

goatherder, hope you feel better soon.

As for me, I overslept this morning and was late for work. The day went downhill after that. I long for Saturday.

(I know, wishing my life away) but, dang, I just want this week to be over!

for everybody!

Archived