MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I just need to talk

Roseofsharon

Well, This is really weird and real in writing but my 19 year old son just called to tell me he got married today. Yes it is Wednesday. Maybe I need some vodka -and I don't drink anymore. - I need to talk - and my husband's cell phone tore up yesterday soooooo - sorry here I go- This has been a long story starting when they got 'engaged' when he was 17 (she is a year older).

They had a HUGE formal wedding planned for February of this year and one week before the wedding he decided he was not ready to get married and called the wedding off and went and got his nipples pierced instead. ...probably the vodka -isn't it a depressant??? Maybe I need to get busy planning for 'more' preps.

Thanks for listening,

Yes I was just kidding about the vodka - bad joke I guess.

Well YES I was worried about a baby on the way (which neither of them especially him are ready for) with this SUDDEN marriage - but they just came by to use the truck to get some boxes -apparently they are moving to a house owned by a church and could not live there unless married. So on one hand a BIG sigh of relief -but kindof a lousy way (reason) to start a marriage. Though I do know he really loves her and her him. They just both have so much growing up to do...

And on another hand I am relieved that they are married...He was raised with the principle that sex is for marriage only -and did not date till he was 16 (Her- the only one).

I know the God whom I serve and I have intrusted all of my children to Him and I know that He is able to keep them - (and hopefully cover the areas where I have screwed up) Thank God He is so mercyful! Faith is not always the easy road -even though it is the best way -thought it gets better results than vodka in the long run for sure!!!

Evergreen, I should give you my mother's phone number and let you talk to her...

For some STRANGE reason, she swears that I am the cause of every grey hair on her head!

ROFL!

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make light of the situation as I do understand your worry and concern...our children have a way of driving us to our knees, and I've been there a few times with my own. Your son is an adult and the biggest gift you can give him is to pray that God will do the work that He wants in your son's life...I was always taught that prayer is what many times moves the hand of God...

And we both know, we can trust Him.

Quote:
it is a good thing I have NOW learned -to train them up as best I can - and then just to love them and realize they may not do everything in life as I expect or want. I used to be very conservative and somewhat religious and judgmental... God sure has worked on getting rid of those 'qualities' in interesting ways....

A big AMEN and a from the mother of a married and very pregnant 15 year old dd.......

Evergreen, I hear sooooo much love and caring in your post. Your son's wife is very blessed having you as her mother-in-law and it's good your son is responsible enough to marry the mother of his little one. Since you reared your son to understand sex is in marriage he understands that if you create a child, you must take care of your little blessing.

Buttercup, God bless you too dear. ((((((Hugs to you both!))))

One of the most moving speeches I've ever been privileged to hear was given by a woman whose daughter had a baby at age 15. She spoke at a Right to Life rally and wow, was she full of solid conviction! As a matter of fact, she was serving as mayor of some town in another state....very fiesty and wanting to make a difference in this world.

Evergreen, you go right ahead and talk all you want. It can make you feel better just to put the feelings into words. It sounds like they have been together long enough to know whether or not marriage is right for them. They are young, but I can't talk too much about that. I was 15 when I got married. (I wasn't pregnant but it's a looong story.) The realities of marriage can induce maturity very quickly.

When I was 16 and DH was 18 in 1958 we were married. I am not advocating this for anyone, but both of us were a good deal more mature then than some are now, at that age. We had no illuisons about what we were doing, we were both the oldest in big families. We were fortunate in that our first child was born 2 years later giving us time to learn how to live together. That was 47 years ago. We will celebrate our 48th anniversary next March. I have to say, I have never been sorry. It was a good decision for me.

Evergreen, I too hope they make their marriage work. I married very young the first time, and very old the second. Some of the best lessons we learn come from painful mistakes, and many times, though we think they are devastating at the time, we see later that there was a gift we couldn't see at the time. I'm not making this real clear, I'm afraid, but I do think that all will work out in the end.

Quote:
Buttercup your daughter is lucky to have you for a mom. Do you need anymore quilt blocks?

((( evergreen))) You are sweet to be thinking of me even though your a little down.. Yes still working on quilt blocks..
Just so you know... I married my dh when I was 18.. Because I wanted to.. I wasn't pregnant! That came 2 months later.. Before our first anniversary I had the twins.. I was still 18.. Here we are 16 years later, still very very married.. I still want to grow old with this man.. Even though sometimes I think he's a SKUNK.. LOL..
You've gained a daughter.. How special.. Make the best of it.. You sound like a great supportive Mom.. Now you get to share that love with both of them.. Hats off to ya.. May God Bless!

Archived