MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

fleas (1)

Kygal

is there a natural way to get rid of them? and a natural way to repel them? we have no pets(unless you count the fleas), but we have fleas, and i am sick and tired of them. i use jason tea tree gel for the itching, and it is good for all day. but i dont want to spray any chemicals on the floor because the baby will be crawling soon. what do it do!!??

We dust our carpets with Borax.. Twenty Mule Team is what we have here. Leave it on over night.. We also put it on the couch and under the cushions of the chairs.. Vaccum it all up the next day or so.. It's supposed to sterlize the fleas so they can't reproduce.

You can dust the carpet with diatomaceous earth. It is harmless (unless you just sit down and eat a handful!) and it cuts the little nasties exoskeleton so they dehydrate and die. It can also be used in stored grains to kill weevils. It is the shells of little sea creatures called diatoms. When they die, their shells sink to the bottom of the sea. In areas where there used to be sea, the diatomaceous earth is collected for use.

cool, thanks. thankfully the landlady will be calling in an exterminator so i dont have to deal with it, of course, i am going to be here when they exterminate no matter what they say, i have a respirator if need be, i have too many computers and stuff that people like to steal for me to allow some guy in my house with poisin. lol so hopefully that goes well.

I had a chihuahua with GME which is like MS in a person, so I could use no chemicals or cleaners in my house while he was alive. I used a flea trap, shallow dish of soapy water set under a light. Turn off othe lights and the fleas will jump to th light and heat of the light. I used this for 4 years and caught thousands of fleas. I would not use DE where a baby will be crawling, the DE dust in lungs can be fatal.

i started reading a bit on fleas, and bugs gross me out so i could not read very much before i shut that page down. one page said something about if children eat pieces of fleas, they can get tapeworms. i dont know if that is true, but it grossed me out! ~sigh~ well, for now i will have to be a walking smorgasboard, because the landlady is not coming to see the place untill sunday. (is it wrong for me to hope she gets bitten good for making us wait so long?

fleas have been a real bad promblem in this neck of the wood. we all have done everything we could ... so thanks for asking about flea's .. my one poor dog tail is almost eaten off her i have jsut started putting tea tree oil on her.. the others seem to be doing alright.

i heared something abot typeworms too anyone know anything about that??

pixie jsut an idea ... don't know if it will work or not but...

take some baby oil add a few drops of tea tree oil and oil up you body ... maybe that will keep them from biting you all or even eu( ok how do you spell it) eualptuas oil.

good luck sure hope you land lady does something soon, maybe itwill help to tell her you will be sending her a medical bill for the flea bites...

Archived