MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Herb caution

Mother

Hi All, I'm new to this site but finding it wonderful. I can't wait to read all the back messages.

I have grown and used herbs for many years and grow many medicinals and native herbs as well as culinary herbs. One thing that I've come to understand in my years of study and use is that herbs, used properly, ARE medicines. As such they should be treated with respect. A person can be allergic or have reactions to them just as with allopathic medicines and they can interact with prescription medicines or each other equally. I would encourage everyone who uses herbs to thoroughly research the herb before self medicating.

I am looking forward to helping others on this site and in turn being helped by them. I hope to be on often just to see what is new. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Mother

Welcome Mother...what you say is SO true, and I appreciate you reminding everyone to use these things with caution. For us newbies, I don't think we can always comprehend the power that some herbs and/or combinations of, can have on our individual systems, as our bodies all operate individually, and react in different ways.

We're honored to have you here with us and look forward to learning the wisdom that you've gained over the years!

Darlene, thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I teach. This is a wonderful site.

Mother

Archived