MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Monday

logcabinmama

Good morning Snowmom, everyone! We're cold here this morning with -3 but you have us beat! We have snow too but the sun is shining and you know how that helps!

I'm sooooo glad you got to talk to your son. Hearing their voice is always such a nice thing.

DH and I are off to town this morning. I haven't been off the place since last Wednesday....that's like a lifetime for me anymore!

Have a great day everyone!

I guess I can't complain at 9 above, can I?? I had to turn on the heat this morning, the wood stove just could not get the house warm enough. We are trying to not use our gas heat much this year because of the cost.

I know they say that we are in a global warming trend but this past year, with the exception of last February has been much colder than normal. Even our summer was cooler than we have had before. People wore shorts in Feb last year and did not put them on again until July. Our fall was dang cold with no indian summer at all. Anyone else having a cold year??

I can't complain about it being above zero here either. It's supposedly 27 and we are going to get some snow this afternoon. Only thing is we are waiting to see that dh's paycheck is posted at the bank (direct deposit) and then I have to go to the grocery store. We wouldn't starve this week but it's going to get colder and dh doesn't want me to have to be out in it, especially with the little ones. The store is 30 miles away - ugh! It is supposed to be 2 below tomorrow morning and gradually warm up so we can have even more snow. Oh well, we wanted to move out here so here we'll stay and be happy with freezing temps - gotta have a good attitude, right?!

Kim

Good morning

Well, I thought it was cold (36) until I started reading here. We get a few days without rain and that is good.

I'm having a Bible study here tonight so that will light the fire under me to tidy up after all the Christmas boxes mess.

Have a great day everyone.

Mornin all!

Snowmom you sound soooo happy!!! Yay that!

I had a great weekend. Really need to catch up on some housework today...if you could only see my living room floor...well, I'm glad you can't. LOL.

Anyways, have a great rest of the day......it is -10 here and tonight the temp is supposed to drop more than a few degress. Burrrr.

Thank God for wood stoves and trees!

for jo, i hyope you have a better day todoy, i had not even read your post untill today.

i have house work, and sapphiress friend is coming over today for dinner and then sapphire and her friend have karate tonight. i usually bring a box of crayons and paper for the kids to coloir, you know ,the younger siblings who are not old enough to participate yet. the sensai(sp?) called me supermom for doing that. lol

today it is 2 degrees celcius, and its raining and snowing all at once. i am going to get the kids to make litttle snow men crafts, i want ot get them doing crafts every monday. megan loves crafts, but never gets a chance to do them at home.

i am eating corn chowder, and its hot. i accidently left it out over night, so i boiled it extra long so it wont be bad. mmm...hot soup...

well, i need to get an ice cube now, lol, have a good day!!

what is Bag Balm? i googled it and its for horses and cows? it seems it is mainly lanolin, i have a tube of pure lanolin. i bought dr schols pedicure stuff for cracked feet. we shall see if that works, but i hate the smell...it smells like baby spitup.

I have that problem with my heels too. After getting out

of the shower I slather on Vaseline, really thick then

put on socks. If your feet are cold put on slippers or

more socks.

I also use a scrub brush (for your feet) in the shower.

Make it the last thing you do so that they are nice and

moist.

Archived